Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-25-2015, 06:42 PM   #1541
k-9
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1;5129212[B
]I could be wrong here but I don't think it works that way[/B], they don't just cut production short, if anything they increase production, like Red Death going from 1000 to 1500.

I do believe they will have 1000's of COTD pieces in their warehouse, they obviously have tons of Queens left, I can't see 2750 Kiers selling out anytime soon, 1500 over-priced Oglavaeils and his dog again I cant see them selling many of those at $750.
yeah, it does. COTD line being dead is why my hulk got painted properly thank the gods!
k-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 12:13 AM   #1542
enigmatikone
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I'm good for at least Kier, and I'm eyeing Shard.
enigmatikone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 03:43 AM   #1543
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Its just kinda a shame... i feel sorry for all the amazing artists and designers that have worked so hard on this line all to have it partially ruined with the higher ups questionable decisions.

having such a high ES is not appealing and if any line should have been low es it should have been this one.. we are dealing with characters that nobody has any attachment to and are very niche.

Also having to make thousands of these highly detailed and intricate statues takes a lot of time which is why they have been plagued with delay after delay which has made a lot of people lose interest and order less and less of the line....including myself

quality control for queen was quite lackluster... many issues with the tatoo decals and googly eyes.. checking 3000 queens is obviously much harder then checking say 1000... this obviously put a bad taste in many collectors mouths which is not a good start for a in house line your trying to grow and promote.

And lastly the queens are selling for lower then retail ... why? Because they made way too damn many.. they grossly overestimated the popularity of this niche line...and now everyone and their dog can have one... for 3/4 the price that sideshow is currently selling them for...

It seems as if sideshow is blinded by their own greed.. i understand the fact that they want to sell as many of these as they can but unfortunatly i think it got the better of them this time ..such a shame they were doing so good but completely choked on delivering this line the way it should have been done. Root of the problem? I would have to say the high ES is the main factor here.. it caused a domino effect of other problems which have plagued this line since it was announced two years ago. I still have only queen to show for it...
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 06:33 AM   #1544
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

I sold mine for $150 just be rid of it. Queen sucked and SS was nowhere to be found to take blame and make up for it. Hope they choke on this line, but I think they already see some issues with it. No way is any character gonna sell out. What they should have done it bring this line "home" and have a 500 ES limit for every piece and have it painted in the US. Supervised by the SS artist and checked before going out. THAT is an inhouse original line.

These now come out looking cheaper and put together worse than a Happy Meal treat.
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 12:41 PM   #1545
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
I sold mine for $150 just be rid of it. Queen sucked and SS was nowhere to be found to take blame and make up for it. Hope they choke on this line, but I think they already see some issues with it. No way is any character gonna sell out. What they should have done it bring this line "home" and have a 500 ES limit for every piece and have it painted in the US. Supervised by the SS artist and checked before going out. THAT is an inhouse original line.

These now come out looking cheaper and put together worse than a Happy Meal treat.
YIKES!
I am not happy with my Queen piece, but I am still not that bitter.
I actually think she is perfect except for that stupid back tattoo.
You would think that would be the easy part, applying a decal. The paint actually came out stunning.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:18 PM   #1546
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Yea besides some of the issues with CoTD i have no complaints with how my queen turned out. She is perfect.. only thing i didnt like was the hollow base..but other then that perfect decal and great paint job.
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 02:42 PM   #1547
enigmatikone

I swear, some of you guys ( present female company excluded, since she has a damned good reason to be upset ) know how to suck the fun right out of a hobby, don't you?
Old 09-26-2015, 03:39 PM   #1548
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatikone View Post
I swear, some of you guys ( present female company excluded, since she has a damned good reason to be upset ) know how to suck the fun right out of a hobby, don't you?
Is the hobby reading people's posts online or collecting? I don't see how these people are going to affect your hobby if it is collecting.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 04:48 PM   #1549
enigmatikone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Is the hobby reading people's posts online or collecting? I don't see how these people are going to affect your hobby if it is collecting.
Part of the hobby is hanging out with fellow collectors and talking about cool stuff.

You make a good point. I should find a more upbeat place.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:09 PM   #1550
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I have no issues with mine. This line is taking forever to release. Just want cleopsis.....
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote