Good 102 40.16%
Bad 31 12.20%
Ugly 27 10.63%
Superb 94 37.01%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2010, 09:33 AM   #101
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Yes, this is the first to feature sound effects.

As for whether or not collectors want them, some have expressed the need for them in discussions, regarding the the possibility of a Vader in this line, over the years. Something which is undoubtedly very much a personnel preference.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:59 AM   #102
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilogy View Post
Yes, this is the first to feature sound effects.

As for whether or not collectors want them, some have expressed the need for them in discussions, regarding the the possibility of a Vader in this line, over the years. Something which is undoubtedly very much a personnel preference.
Thanks . . . and you're right - it's all about personal preferences. I remember alot of people complained about the HCG Endoskull's sound effects . . . but then the problem with that was, you couldn't have the lights without the sound.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:26 AM   #103
GoqhTheJedi
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Is this the first CM to have sound effects ? A light up saber would be a must, but do people really want sound effects in their $2000 museum quality statues ?
I also don't prefer sound effects,lightup feature also texture parts like pf's(but I got these statues or pf's I liked them).My favorites are full polystone or porcelain statues also like bronzes...... Ok I like them all
GoqhTheJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:01 PM   #104
Gino
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator View Post
Actually, it would be nice if Gino would chime in with his thoughts on this. He knows Vader inside and out.
For those who dont know Gino...

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...highlight=gino

Since you asked... : )

For me this Vader is a huge disappointment.
It is clear that the Vader they used as reference is the LFL promotional Vader costume. Unfortunately, the LFL promotional Vader costume components do not match any of the film used components. The dome on the helmet sits too high. The chest armor is way undersized. The cape chain is wrong. The belt boxes and their details are completely mis-proportioned. That's just some of it.

I will say this, they did a fantastic job of replicating the suit they used as reference. If only they had used reference of a screen used costume instead, this could have been epic.
The fault for this being is a miss for me is two-part. First, that the LFL promo costume they used for reference was horribly inaccurate the the film used costume (not CM's fault), and second, that CM did not have the knowledge to realize that they were using the promo suit as reference instead of looking at reference from the actual film costume (CM's fault).

Here is a quick comparison of the LFL promo costume next to the screen used original ESB costume.

Now if you like this statue, that's all that matters. I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from buying it.
Most people will never see the differences between the promo and screen used costumes. Some things will look 'off' to them but they will not really be able to vocalize why. Some people have already mentioned some things not looking right such as the helmet or armor. This is the kind of stuff that I'm talking about. If you want a statue, action figure, etc.. to look just like the character as he appeared in the movie, then you HAVE to use reference of that character from the actual movie. Companies like sideshow, hasbro, and CM fail at this all the time, because they use incorrect reference for their projects. Which ultimately it means the accuracy of the project is doomed from the very start.

Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:05 PM   #105
ambasah
Red Skull

skip the sound effects and save a bit of $$ is my opinion. are all CMs limited to 1000 pieces? edition size seem small for such a highly anticipated piece.

I hope it is around $2k or I will pass. There are just too many cool things I would rather get if the price was significantly greater.

btw, that attakus vader 1 if the definition of perfection. I own every vader statue made (except the bronze versions by SS and Bowen) and nothing can beat it.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:56 PM   #106
SimmonM
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pain View Post
I'm wondering why the chest armor is separate from the shoulder armor. Wasn't it all 1 piece?
It wasn't all one piece - the shoulder bells are seperate pieces.
SimmonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:58 PM   #107
Trilogy

Thanks for your input, Gino.

As I said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilogy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salima38 View Post
From one collector to another collector, do yourself a favor and pass on the Sideshow Vader. If accuracy is your thing then that one should be avoided.
I have a feeling we'll be hearing something along those lines regarding this maquette, in due course.
LOL
Old 07-23-2010, 01:00 PM   #108
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Very interesting synopsis Gino. And very enlightening. So while this is a very nice maquette it's kinda pointless as it's not movie accurate.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:03 PM   #109
Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
are all CMs limited to 1000 pieces?
On paper, yes. However, none have yet been produced in such quantity.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:09 PM   #110
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino View Post
Since you asked... : )

For me this Vader is a huge disappointment.
It is clear that the Vader they used as reference is the LFL promotional Vader costume. Unfortunately, the LFL promotional Vader costume components do not match any of the film used components. The dome on the helmet sits too high. The chest armor is way undersized. The cape chain is wrong. The belt boxes and their details are completely mis-proportioned. That's just some of it.

I will say this, they did a fantastic job of replicating the suit they used as reference. If only they had used reference of a screen used costume instead, this could have been epic.
The fault for this being is a miss for me is two-part. First, that the LFL promo costume they used for reference was horribly inaccurate the the film used costume (not CM's fault), and second, that CM did not have the knowledge to realize that they were using the promo suit as reference instead of looking at reference from the actual film costume (CM's fault).

Here is a quick comparison of the LFL promo costume next to the screen used original ESB costume.

Now if you like this statue, that's all that matters. I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from buying it.
Most people will never see the differences between the promo and screen used costumes. Some things will look 'off' to them but they will not really be able to vocalize why. Some people have already mentioned some things not looking right such as the helmet or armor. This is the kind of stuff that I'm talking about. If you want a statue, action figure, etc.. to look just like the character as he appeared in the movie, then you HAVE to use reference of that character from the actual movie. Companies like sideshow, hasbro, and CM fail at this all the time, because they use incorrect reference for their projects. Which ultimately it means the accuracy of the project is doomed from the very start.

Thanks for posting this.

I am not the hardcore Star Wars fan that I though myself to be.

I have never noticed the flaws that you pointed if you have not posted.

So Thank you for posting you just saved me alot of money.
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote