Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 10-01-2014, 11:46 PM   #321
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liad View Post
I have to say, the PTZ SF hype has completely died for me at this point, which is a shame because these kits are amazing.

There have been a large amount of announcements of "You're not gonna believe what we will be doing next" which is great, and i'm very excited, but two kits a year and a whole bunch of empty promises is just a huge turnoff.

I hope to see some more kits in the future, but I've pretty much moved on at this point. Please prove me wrong PTZ.

I'm gonna get off my soapbox now.
I agree with you 100% however there's plenty of things going on behind the scenes that hinder our progress at times. We have hired more people to aid me with projects, we have decided that if Cammy takes longer we will just release Guile, Honda, etc.
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 03:24 AM   #322
Liad
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
I agree with you 100% however there's plenty of things going on behind the scenes that hinder our progress at times. We have hired more people to aid me with projects, we have decided that if Cammy takes longer we will just release Guile, Honda, etc.
There are definitely things going on behind the scenes that eat up a lot of time, but I think going silent for months at a time, then coming with a huge announcement/release isn't doing PTZ any good, from a pure publicity standpoint. The silence ,unfortunately, says more than the announcement.

Let's say, for sake of argument, that you did a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly newsletter, people would still be reminded that PTZ is a company that produces kits that the consumer definitely wants to buy. most consumers are impulse buyers, so when you give them a few months to consider buying a product, you're risking the chance of losing that sale altogether.

These newsletters don't have to be huge , but they could just be small updates about what is happening - Maybe there could even be small WIP shots/teases of what's going on. Seeing as you're a small studio that does everything from start to finish, it would be fun to see what really went into making kits & the creative process. It seems like it would be a logical extension of your studio's mantra, producing first generation kits that buyers put their creative hands on.

The best part about newsletters like this wouldn't necessarily be that you're releasing a kit every month, but that you're keeping consumer interest alive in some way.

I don't mean to impose on the way you do business though, so I hope I didn't offend in any way.
Liad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:37 AM   #323
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
There are definitely things going on behind the scenes that eat up a lot of time, but I think going silent for months at a time, then coming with a huge announcement/release is doing PTZ any good, from a pure publicity standpoint. The silence ,unfortunately, says more than the announcement.

Let's say, for sake of argument, that you did a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly newsletter, people would still be reminded that PTZ is a company that produces kits that the consumer definitely wants to buy. most consumers are impulse buyers, so when you give them a few months to consider buying a product, you're risking the chance of losing that sale altogether.

These newsletters don't have to be huge , but they could just be small updates about what is happening - Maybe there could even be small WIP shots/teases of what's going on. Seeing as you're a small studio that does everything from start to finish, it would be fun to see what really went into making kits & the creative process. It seems like it would be a logical extension of your studio's mantra, producing first generation kits that buyers put their creative hands on.

The best part about newsletters like this wouldn't necessarily be that you're releasing a kit every month, but that you're keeping consumer interest alive in some way.

I don't mean to impose on the way you do business though, so I hope I didn't offend in any way.
You are right and I always try to listen, let me see what I can do, I need to find someone that can help me with that
Old 10-02-2014, 08:43 PM   #324
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Honestly I don't know when you sleep. You are making sculpts I assume all by yourself for Kotobukiya, Prototypez, and now XM. And multiple lines at that.

The SF line has slowed a bit. Plus Cammy was teased at 1/4 too. But Prototypez now has DC and Thundercats too. It seems like a lot to rush a sculpt by one person. Unless you can knock these out at Frazetta painting speed...
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 03:18 AM   #325
exar
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Liad you perfectly sum up my mind.
Once a week just a short info, or you pick one hour every wednesday for example to answer all questions without any answer there.
But short newsletter should be better.

I was going to buy cammy even if I didn't approve totally the pose, now that it's getting longer and longer I'm not so sure about compulsive buying, and I'm sure I'm not the only one
exar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:24 AM   #326
krec99
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Quote:
I have to say, the PTZ SF hype has completely died for me at this point, which is a shame because these kits are amazing.

There have been a large amount of announcements of "You're not gonna believe what we will be doing next" which is great, and i'm very excited, but two kits a year and a whole bunch of empty promises is just a huge turnoff.

I hope to see some more kits in the future, but I've pretty much moved on at this point. Please prove me wrong PTZ.

I'm gonna get off my soapbox now.
Great post exactly how i feel hope to see more but with all those new licenses I think they got to much going on .
krec99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:14 AM   #327
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krec99 View Post
Great post exactly how i feel hope to see more but with all those new licenses I think they got to much going on .
Trust me there's plenty more coming, we just need to get stuff approved, and off we go!
Old 11-24-2014, 12:37 AM   #328
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

Any update on Cammy please?? It's been almost two months now and I'm asking nicely.
Drahmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 03:17 AM   #329
exar
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Is she cancelled ?
exar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:41 PM   #330
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

no update? pity.
Drahmin is offline   Reply With Quote