Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

» Spotlight
DGK Sideshow Domino PF DGK XM Moon Knight Statue DGK P1 Gurren Lagann Full Drill Statue Clay Moore - Inside Stories
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2019, 03:08 AM   #401
mars
The Spirit
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Fourth Planet
Posts: 310
Just received my Darth Maul and straight away I've unpacked him and put him together I was given a choice when it was ready for me, either I take it and if it's broken I get a small refund or I can choose to get my deposit back.

Well I took a gamble and it paid off.

I'll try and put some pictures up over the weekend
mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:47 AM   #402
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Super Moderator
 
Hellboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 35,567
Congrats! Took the same gamble. Arrives today so weíll see if I won as well. Fingers crossed.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:31 AM   #403
Luminous
Cyclops
 
Luminous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 11,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Congrats! Took the same gamble. Arrives today so weíll see if I won as well. Fingers crossed.
Good luck, man. I know how worried you've been about DM's arrival.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:49 AM   #404
GaryTonge
Alpha Flight
 
GaryTonge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 4,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Congrats! Took the same gamble. Arrives today so weíll see if I won as well. Fingers crossed.
It's a 50/50 buddy. Hope for the best. It's a great piece regardless.

If it does come damaged(as mine did), it should be a straightforward repair. The friend who's repairing mine will be adding a magnet to the robe, which I think XM should have done in the first place.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:02 PM   #405
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Super Moderator
 
Hellboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 35,567
Thanks guys. Happy to declare mine arrived unscathed. Itís a truly magnificent piece. Probably THE best Star Wars statue Iíve ever seen and owned... and thatís saying something as I own and have owned quite a lot across many different scales/companies over the years. So glad I ordered and followed through with this one despite all the turmoil surrounding it.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 12:31 AM   #406
mars
The Spirit
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Fourth Planet
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Thanks guys. Happy to declare mine arrived unscathed. Itís a truly magnificent piece. Probably THE best Star Wars statue Iíve ever seen and owned... and thatís saying something as I own and have owned quite a lot across many different scales/companies over the years. So glad I ordered and followed through with this one despite all the turmoil surrounding it.
Glad to hear that you're DM came in one piece and unscratheh. And I do agree it is one of the best Star Wars statues I've seen in a long time and hopefully XM will continue with the licence.


Curious to know was your robe section in a plastic bag or like mine the bag was removed it had no protection e.g. foam around it, it was just in the paper protecting it from the foam base.

I think half the problem was the bag itself
mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 12:43 AM   #407
Luminous
Cyclops
 
Luminous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 11,525
Congrats, HB.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 10:45 AM   #408
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Super Moderator
 
Hellboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 35,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars View Post
Glad to hear that you're DM came in one piece and unscratheh. And I do agree it is one of the best Star Wars statues I've seen in a long time and hopefully XM will continue with the licence.


Curious to know was your robe section in a plastic bag or like mine the bag was removed it had no protection e.g. foam around it, it was just in the paper protecting it from the foam base.

I think half the problem was the bag itself
You might be onto something as mine was not bagged nor did it have any foam around it or between the robe & body. Basically there was nothing there to put any pressure on the back of the robe, the whole body/robe was just floating in the foam cutout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Congrats, HB.
Thanks.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 05:14 PM   #409
sparda
The Avengers
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 677
Congrats mate!

Anyone who opted for a refund got their money in? Been waiting for 2 weeks now.
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:25 PM   #410
built2shred
Phoenix
 
built2shred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 12,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
Congrats mate!

Anyone who opted for a refund got their money in? Been waiting for 2 weeks now.
Nope, nothing so far...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:33 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com