Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 03-31-2019, 09:24 PM   #201
MPCanes
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by barran View Post
hm, to be honest i dont think that is okay. We pay alot of money, in this case at least 700$, and they really filling the inside of the base with some "junk"? come on guys, that is a expensive high quality collectible
even when we will never see the inside of a base unless you break it, i think that is just cheap! i would expect something like this from a cheap chinese factory which producing some cheap statues, but i never expect that companys like Weta doing stuff like that.

Did anyone of you saw something like that before, are there more companys who doing that?

like jedi_don said, at least they could ground up the scrap pieces into chunks instead of just throwing in whole pieces.

The only good thing about it is that it is environmentally friendly because the parts are not thrown away but "recycled" xD
Pretty sure they all do it; I’ve seen sideshow pieces broken that have pieces inside like this.
MPCanes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 03:16 AM   #202
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I really coukdn’t care less. I never see inside the base.
Exactly, what difference does it make?
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:58 AM   #203
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
Pretty sure they all do it; I’ve seen sideshow pieces broken that have pieces inside like this.
Yep, I've seen this several times before as well from different companies. It's just something the factories do.

I should have some pics of my Lara up in a few minutes.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 07:41 AM   #204
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

I'll start off by saying, the statue is absolutely stunning and I think anyone who has her coming will be happy. I absolutely love it.

When she arrived the box looking pretty damn awful. I was expecting the worst, but the damage isn't that bad. I have a few issues on Lara and the Jaguar so I'll be asking Weta for a replacement for each. The Jag has some paint rubs and broken nail. Lara has a lump in her arm where it seems like the metal rod inside broke and is protruding out (it actually kinda looks like she broke her arm!). The clip that is meant to hold the second climbing axe on her belt is also broken.

Other than that everything looks fantastic. I'm not personally bothered at all by the plastic plants, but I can see how some people might be if they don't like any plastic on their statues. It would be near impossible to do them sculpted. The composition of the statue with the jaguar in the tree looks amazing in person. It's a piece that makes you want to examine it from every angle.

Her face is definitely different to the one on the proto, but I agree with nearmint that the face still looks great and I'm personally ok with it. Overall, it's a fantastic piece and I'm very happy with it.

Now for the pics!

Old 04-01-2019, 07:43 AM   #205
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Old 04-01-2019, 07:44 AM   #206
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Old 04-02-2019, 06:16 PM   #207
Medusa
Frackin!

Wow that box looks ...
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 06:39 PM   #208
slinch
Frackin!

Got mine yesterday as well, but didn't get the chance to open it until a few hours ago. I agree, it's an incredible piece, the detail is beyond anything I've seen in this scale and the plastic bits were absolutely the right call. Agree on the face as well, it's okay, but I preferred the proto look.

I got the weirdest break though, a bit of her hair is missing, this had to have happened during packaging or even during production, as I cannot imagine how it could have happened during shipping. And my box looked completely fine, nothing like your heart-attack-inducing one Oh, and one of my arrows was broken, but I just superglued it together.

As I bought it from a retailer, not Weta directly, I'm not sure what my options are. I'll send them an email, but I'm guessing it won't be as simple as just replacing Lara.

slinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 08:21 PM   #209
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

A bit of brown paint and you will never see it
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:31 PM   #210
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
A bit of brown paint and you will never see it