Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 12-05-2020, 10:32 PM   #861
cool1sky
Fantastic Four

Double post
cool1sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 01:00 AM   #862
dao2
Cyclops

Most places don't give any production photos so v0v, just wait till regular photos like normal.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 10:43 AM   #863
jac1066
Blue Falcon

Actually if you take another look at the production photo of Decapre's portrait you will notice it's a completed portrait. The mask sits over her face you can see the bottom of the mask is elevated. The factory would have had to completed the paint on the face before installing the mask and LED light up functions that are glowing in that photo. The hair piece above the mask is missing but like other Cammy statues will more than likely be installed by the collector. So for the most part it looks like what she see is what you get.
jac1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 03:10 PM   #864
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac1066 View Post
Actually if you take another look at the production photo of Decapre's portrait you will notice it's a completed portrait. The mask sits over her face you can see the bottom of the mask is elevated. The factory would have had to completed the paint on the face before installing the mask and LED light up functions that are glowing in that photo. The hair piece above the mask is missing but like other Cammy statues will more than likely be installed by the collector. So for the most part it looks like what she see is what you get.
It's not about Decapre's masked head. It's about the unmasked one and the Cammy heads/portraits. They haven't shared those, maybe for a reason. Looking at the lower section of Decapre's masked head makes me assume the paint is not as good as they were hoping for. It seems quite flat. So curious to see the unmasked version and/or the Cammy ones.
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 04:37 PM   #865
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post
It's not about Decapre's masked head. It's about the unmasked one and the Cammy heads/portraits. They haven't shared those, maybe for a reason. Looking at the lower section of Decapre's masked head makes me assume the paint is not as good as they were hoping for. It seems quite flat. So curious to see the unmasked version and/or the Cammy ones.
The decapre masked head was supposed to have some shading as well
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 05:13 PM   #866
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
The decapre masked head was supposed to have some shading as well
I know and looking at that pic, it doesn't have it. So I can only assume the Cammy and unmasked Decapre portraits don't have that either. PCS probably knows that and therefor won't share pics of those other than that vague crappy picture shared on FB.

I know other companies don't really share pics of production pieces in process but PCS hyping things up and being quiet when it's about to deliver, makes me question them as a statue company once again.
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 05:39 PM   #867
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

We will have to see how the finished product looks like, but honestly even if it looks like the prototype I still think she is overpriced. For that pricepoint you can get some amazing highly detailed statues from someone like Prime 1. She just looks so simple and the mixed media is pretty unimpressive here, though I think there is a good reason why most companies abandoned mixed media in general.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 05:56 PM   #868
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
We will have to see how the finished product looks like, but honestly even if it looks like the prototype I still think she is overpriced. For that pricepoint you can get some amazing highly detailed statues from someone like Prime 1. She just looks so simple and the mixed media is pretty unimpressive here, though I think there is a good reason why most companies abandoned mixed media in general.
i agree with you. for that price, they need to put more detail on the sculpt and statue itself. right now it just looks plain or simple. not many people would agree with me on this one but i felt the same way about 1/3 chun li they released.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 06:08 PM   #869
cool1sky
Fantastic Four

Yup. Knowing PCS, if they indeed were able to match the prototype paint, they would have been posting pictures by now and flexing how good they are on the FB page. But nope. Absolute silence so far. Would they have even posted those progress photos if people didn’t ask? And not gonna lie, 1:3 chun was mediocre at best.
cool1sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 06:31 PM   #870
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
i agree with you. for that price, they need to put more detail on the sculpt and statue itself. right now it just looks plain or simple. not many people would agree with me on this one but i felt the same way about 1/3 chun li they released.
I feel this Cammy statue looks too much like a 1/8th scale statue just blown up to be huge. It feels like the size is the only thing impressive about it. Maybe Cammy herself just isn't the best character for this sort of thing, but they definitely could have done a lot better with her. Decapre looks more impressive, but that is just because her design has a bunch of random stuff tacked onto it to look a little bit more busy, and the overly plain paint apps on the skin are masked by her body suit and facemask.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote