Old 04-19-2021, 08:31 AM   #1001
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Always good to see some STORM art!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:44 AM   #1002
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I'm glad I ended up not paying to see the event, and have no Storm. The weird thing is they said they would have reveals. But all of the stuff had been revealed so that was a let down.

Anyway the wait continues folks, i'm guessing this week Galactus will go up for PO, and then with princess week/star wars week, likely won't see Storm till Mid-may/June.

At this point I bet Storm will be trashed when its revealed cause of the anticipation and build up. Just like Silver Surfer was trashed after 7 months of waiting (yet it has a super high ES)
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 12:07 PM   #1003
AC_808
Hercules

As usual, tho ....it's the naysayers that are the loudest ...and will keep repeating their complaints. It's not enough to just say it one time for naysayers. That's how it was for Silver Surfer. Yet the production piece for SS is outstanding.

Same with the SSC Scarlet Witch. The naysayers are the loudest ...and are repeating their complaints. Yet the body sculpt and portrait on that is exceptional. We shall see how the production piece will look like.

Might be the same for this Storm PF, but who knows ...we shall see ....
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 12:44 PM   #1004
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Female sculpts are always the most discussed amoungst us because beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. For male statues is pose, costume, and "well, I prefer this version of XXXX".
For the ladies it's - her boobs are too small, her boobs are too big, she's too short, she's too tall, she's too thin, hair color isn't what it should be, her face looks like [insert actress], she's got no butt, her butt is just fine...then there is the costume and pose

I'm as guilty of it as the rest of the collectors out there of doing all of the above, so nobody take it as offense. I don't think this will be a terrible statue at all and I don't think they are reworking it. I just don't understand why they are holding it under wraps for so long. Is it because Storm is clearly winning the popularity contest on wanting to be shown?

The wait on knowing the color of the suit is stressing me out. That is really the only thing I'm concerned about at this point. Everything else I am curious about because I want to see how much change Mark Newman created between this OG PF and this one.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 12:51 PM   #1005
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Female sculpts are always the most discussed amoungst us because beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. For male statues is pose, costume, and "well, I prefer this version of XXXX".
For the ladies it's - her boobs are too small, her boobs are too big, she's too short, she's too tall, she's too thin, hair color isn't what it should be, her face looks like [insert actress], she's got no butt, her butt is just fine...then there is the costume and pose

I'm as guilty of it as the rest of the collectors out there of doing all of the above, so nobody take it as offense. I don't think this will be a terrible statue at all and I don't think they are reworking it. I just don't understand why they are holding it under wraps for so long. Is it because Storm is clearly winning the popularity contest on wanting to be shown?

The wait on knowing the color of the suit is stressing me out. That is really the only thing I'm concerned about at this point. Everything else I am curious about because I want to see how much change Mark Newman created between this OG PF and this one.
For me personally, I hope her costume is black because it looks the best to me.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 01:26 PM   #1006
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I will take anything but white...I will probably settle for white

Hot pink would be an upgrade from white at this point.
Old 04-19-2021, 01:37 PM   #1007
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
I will take anything but white...I will probably settle for white

Hot pink would be an upgrade from white at this point.
Woooooo! Hot Ebony in hot pink?! That’d be enough to give me some jungle fever.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 01:58 PM   #1008
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
As usual, tho ....it's the naysayers that are the loudest ...and will keep repeating their complaints. It's not enough to just say it one time for naysayers. That's how it was for Silver Surfer. Yet the production piece for SS is outstanding.

Same with the SSC Scarlet Witch. The naysayers are the loudest ...and are repeating their complaints. Yet the body sculpt and portrait on that is exceptional. We shall see how the production piece will look like.

Might be the same for this Storm PF, but who knows ...we shall see ....
Unfortunately this has pretty much always been the case. The ‘fans’ have done more damage over the years than they realized. Amazing any company bothers honestly.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 04:35 PM   #1009
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Changing the portrait on Psylocke was the biggest mistake they ever made from listening to fans IMO.
Old 04-19-2021, 05:42 PM   #1010
SDguy

Quote:
Changing the portrait on Psylocke was the biggest mistake they ever made from listening to fans IMO.
Yeah, and then giving us the good portrait on a tiny ES variant.... AND then adding the shouldn't have been added psyblade to some of the exchanges. LOL, may as well just had her holding the ACTUAL cup of Christ at that point Thanks to all the squeaky wheels resulting in that cluster....
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote