Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 06-27-2005, 05:14 PM   #1
mr.e-man
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Unhappy I've got an ebay woe..

I have a bad feeling over something I did half-awake. Looked at an ebay auction - no bids - a few hours left and decided to snipe it - I read it over too quick and I think I'm about to get bitten in the nether regions for it.

no box - fine - I like it for the statue, not for the appreciating value

statue in near mint condition - but doesn't state exactly what is wrong and I was dumb enough not to ask - pics and description aren't helpful either

He/She sent me the invoice - 27.00US for domestic UPS service - ugh

He mentions a required insurance, but not included in his invoice and his e-mail address isn't achnowledged as his paypal registered.

Now he sends me an e-mail after I requested a new invoice with insurance (2.00US) to be added, ignoring my request and telling me to hurry and remit the fee as he's traveling on Wednesday and wants to get this in the mail!

I think if I allow it without insurance, It's not going to show up in Near Mint condition - more like potpourie - possibly AS IS despite the pics. I've got a bad feeling about it. Just giving others a heads-up to not be a dope - be awake and wary when reading over sales documents before you hit that submit button. I'd let you know how this turns out. I feel extra dumb today.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT
mr.e-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:18 PM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

$27 for UPS? You've got to be kidding! Even Bowen's shipping for Thanos is only $17.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:18 PM   #3
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

The auction states he's only shipping to the US anyway, does the seller realize you're in the UK???
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:19 PM   #4
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

Well the shipping fee was listed right there on the auction page.. so it's not like he's sneaking it in after the fact.. But I wouldn't pay for it until he gives you a new invoice with the added insurance..
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:29 PM   #5
mr.e-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daredevil
Well the shipping fee was listed right there on the auction page.. so it's not like he's sneaking it in after the fact.. But I wouldn't pay for it until he gives you a new invoice with the added insurance..

correct on that one - I'm holding off until I have at least some insurance on this one. I've done enough dumb for the week/month. Actually, I'm having this shipped to my home in Virginia - I'm actually flying back this weekend after 7 months away since British Air wouldn't change my ticket to later to just visit my relatives before I have to be back on Tuesday. At least I get to see the sizeable amount of purchases that are filling two closets now
I just don't want a bad mark by this seller if he tries to pull a fast one with a broken statue on me.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:30 PM   #6
Wooktroop
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

i see a crack in the base
Wooktroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:30 PM   #7
RichardW
I am da law!

It says $2.00 insurance is required, so isn't it up to him to put that on the invoice before you pay it?
RichardW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:36 PM   #8
mr.e-man

you would think! It wasn't there when the first invoice was sent. I've asked twice now for it to be included or at least send me his paypal e-mail address.
a crack in the base - I'm using an incredibly old computer at a local library so the resolution here is terrible - I can deal with a crack on the base - easy enough to fix - I'm giving this to my fav. nephew for his b-day next year - I gave him the human torch this year. -e
Old 06-27-2005, 05:38 PM   #9
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

if you`re so worried just cancel it worse thing is a negative big deal.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 06:00 PM   #10
kirthew
Zot

I was actually thinking of bidding on this statue... but then thought better of it...

Good Luck!
Kirthew
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote