Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Kinetiquettes

Old 12-11-2015, 02:54 AM   #111
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Ex head would get me to order direct again. Went with BBTS for Oni after getting Evil Ryu direct.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 03:47 AM   #112
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rome_325 View Post
Just read the newsletter. So there's an EX head (short hair) that will only be available on your site? Anyway you can post a pic of the short hair head? Thanks.
We will post it over the weekend. Thiago is doing an amazing job with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
If short-hair Ken is the exclusive, red-band Ryu will also be the exclusive.
Yes. That will probably how it will be for Ryu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Ex head would get me to order direct again. Went with BBTS for Oni after getting Evil Ryu direct.
Thanks for your support !
Kinetiquettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 08:25 PM   #113
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Do you know how many will be exclusives which will be direct purchase from you... ..?

Will the exclusive be part of the 500. or maybe 150 to 200 exclusive direct from you and maybe 300 to 350 regular worldwide.

I'm definitely ordering an exclusive.!
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 09:40 AM   #114
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo13 View Post
Do you know how many will be exclusives which will be direct purchase from you... ..?

Will the exclusive be part of the 500. or maybe 150 to 200 exclusive direct from you and maybe 300 to 350 regular worldwide.

I'm definitely ordering an exclusive.!
Whatever is sold on our site will be receiving the exclusive hair. Probably 200 will be allocated to our website.

Just to clarify... the exclusive is a swap out short hair. NOT a whole new head for Ken. Our Ken was always designed to have one head from the very beginning.
Old 12-12-2015, 03:55 PM   #115
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetiquettes View Post
Whatever is sold on our site will be receiving the exclusive hair. Probably 200 will be allocated to our website.

Just to clarify... the exclusive is a swap out short hair. NOT a whole new head for Ken. Our Ken was always designed to have one head from the very beginning.
Ex toupée? Still cool.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 04:41 PM   #116
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetiquettes View Post

I am sorry, but that sounds a bit cheap for an exclusive. At least give us (collectors) a whole head instead of "Change of hair". I have supported Kinetiquettes from the beginning and if this is going to be the route for exclusive, then you lost me as a customer.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 04:56 PM   #117
dao2
Cyclops

not a problem for me... head can leave an obvious seam, changing the hair is a lot easier and won't leave a visible seam
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 07:04 PM   #118
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

The way they sculpted Evil Ryu the hair was separate and head was attached to the body. I think this is also the way they design Ken. A swappable hair piece makes sense no seam. Good point Dao2.

I could understand "Remember Me". Collectors want the most out of an exclusive.

For an Exclusive for Collectors, maybe add premium art print or something else swappable without making a major redesign..

Maybe make one of Ken's fist radiate like Oni.. After Ken throws his kick he ready to launch a punch. It could be either arms. It makes more sense his left cause its clinch already and Body dynamic wise. Right leg flying kick and then left punch ( swappable radiating fist)

Another possible variant different color fighting glove. Red or black color.

Another possible variant is maybe under Ken knee make a explosion attachment to statue. So its different from just the original.. Ken breaks the statue and by his knee is a explosion piece.

These are only some raw ideas. Adding something else will make the exclusive really special and maybe the toughest collector happy.

To me the hair piece is good enough as an exclusive. As a collector to say WOW. Maybe add another variant to make the exclusive more interesting ,fun and different from the regular version. Collectors will have to pay a lot more for shipping to get the exclusive. The expectation of collector will also be higher for an exclusive.

Maybe charge a little more for the exclusive but make it worth it.
Something different from the regular makes it fun for us Collectors.

The Ken statue already is awesome. Its just seeing if there any way to make an exclusive even better..

I'm still ordering exclusive Ken.. Great Job Kinetiquettes...!
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 08:41 PM   #119
HairyAsHell
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
I am sorry, but that sounds a bit cheap for an exclusive. At least give us (collectors) a whole head instead of "Change of hair". I have supported Kinetiquettes from the beginning and if this is going to be the route for exclusive, then you lost me as a customer.
Thanks for the input. But do note, we are not charging extra for this option. It's just a bonus for those who support us directly. KEN was always designed to be alpha ken. More importantly, we definitely didn't want a seamline under his neck for the sake of this option. Plus, if we didnt give this as an extra incentive, i dont think anyone would complain why there is no exclusive version.
HairyAsHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 01:37 AM   #120
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo13 View Post
The way they sculpted Evil Ryu the hair was separate and head was attached to the body. I think this is also the way they design Ken. A swappable hair piece makes sense no seam. Good point Dao2.

I could understand "Remember Me". Collectors want the most out of an exclusive.

For an Exclusive for Collectors, maybe add premium art print or something else swappable without making a major redesign..

Maybe make one of Ken's fist radiate like Oni.. After Ken throws his kick he ready to launch a punch. It could be either arms. It makes more sense his left cause its clinch already and Body dynamic wise. Right leg flying kick and then left punch ( swappable radiating fist)

Another possible variant different color fighting glove. Red or black color.

Another possible variant is maybe under Ken knee make a explosion attachment to statue. So its different from just the original.. Ken breaks the statue and by his knee is a explosion piece.

These are only some raw ideas. Adding something else will make the exclusive really special and maybe the toughest collector happy.

To me the hair piece is good enough as an exclusive. As a collector to say WOW. Maybe add another variant to make the exclusive more interesting ,fun and different from the regular version. Collectors will have to pay a lot more for shipping to get the exclusive. The expectation of collector will also be higher for an exclusive.

Maybe charge a little more for the exclusive but make it worth it.
Something different from the regular makes it fun for us Collectors.

The Ken statue already is awesome. Its just seeing if there any way to make an exclusive even better..

I'm still ordering exclusive Ken.. Great Job Kinetiquettes...!
Thanks for the suggestions and your support. We understand that people want more for getting directly from us. However, we also dont want those who are not getting directly from us, feeling that the one without the short hair is of lower value. We are not charging more for this extra short hair option. Its an added bonus.

Initially we didnt even like the idea of an exclusive version. However a few collectors have suggested the short hair version being exclusive to our website as an incentive for direct support. Yes, we could potentially add more incentives. But again, those who order directly from us usually gets more than just a short hair swap. They will also get discounts on future releases on this line and possibly first pre-order opportunity before everyone else.

Hope that clarifies things.

Last edited by Kinetiquettes; 12-13-2015 at 01:39 AM.