Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 12-04-2020, 09:30 PM   #851
jac1066
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
That is some pretty PCS standard looking paint on the face so far :| Will wait for more pics but so far happy I haven't poed ;p
It looks like the original single tone prototype paint job before PCS improved the paint and released new photos. Starting to wish I hadn't pre ordered this. Thinking I'd like to get my deposit back.
jac1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 10:32 PM   #852
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac1066 View Post
It looks like the original single tone prototype paint job before PCS improved the paint and released new photos. Starting to wish I hadn't pre ordered this. Thinking I'd like to get my deposit back.
I'd say wait til the final product is finished. But yeah, if thats the final paint, I think its messed up, that they advertised an upgraded paintjob with texture.
Westhelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 11:44 PM   #853
cool1sky
Fantastic Four

Yeah I haven’t POed either. Was hoping to see her at the virtual NYCC. Still waiting for actual production photos too. That would push me to finally pull the trigger. It’s funny, you’d think they’d show off more progress photos to get people to PO and build the hype but they’ve been really quiet on this one. Looks like they won’t be getting my money anytime soon, if at all.
cool1sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 04:47 AM   #854
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac1066 View Post
Still a bit too early to judge, also unsure if you'll be able to get that back anyway :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 03:55 PM   #855
vinnnie
Luke Cage

PCS hasn't shared pics of Cammy's portrait production pieces, only from Decapre and only the one with her mask on. Something tells me they don't show those on purpose. Think those who ordered(like me; ordered the Shadaloo version) will find out the paint on especially the face is not as expected... something fishy going on with this.
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 08:00 PM   #856
cool1sky
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post
PCS hasn't shared pics of Cammy's portrait production pieces, only from Decapre and only the one with her mask on. Something tells me they don't show those on purpose. Think those who ordered(like me; ordered the Shadaloo version) will find out the paint on especially the face is not as expected... something fishy going on with this.
Yup exactly. Literally half of those progress pictures they posted were just her gloves... Like yeah, that's going to really get everyone hyped and going. Pretty sure people wanted to see the actual Cammy. This is the lamest attempt to try and put out some photos to "appease" people. Its like they were like "ok what pictures can we post that are not bad and will not make people question the final product." They will keep posting pictures of the Decapre variant with her mask on until we finally get it in hand lol.
Old 12-05-2020, 08:28 PM   #857
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool1sky View Post
Yup exactly. Literally half of those progress pictures they posted were just her gloves... Like yeah, that's going to really get everyone hyped and going. Pretty sure people wanted to see the actual Cammy. This is the lamest attempt to try and put out some photos to "appease" people. Its like they were like "ok what pictures can we post that are not bad and will not make people question the final product." They will keep posting pictures of the Decapre variant with her mask on until we finally get it in hand lol.
My guess also is that they are afraid people cancelling their orders left and right because they can't replicate the proto's quite well. So they won't show pics of the unmasked faces so people can't have something to criticize over. Once these are in hand with people PCS can say 'hey nothing can be done now!'. Typical bait and switch.

So prove me wrong Ant or any other PCS representative by showing Cammy faces of the production pieces. They are all done right? As your FB representative posted in octobre that they were already getting dispatched from China in novembre (last month).
Old 12-05-2020, 08:34 PM   #858
vinnnie
Luke Cage

This here is the only pic they had to share of one of the Cammy production pieces.

Yeah very clear and such
Old 12-05-2020, 09:12 PM   #859
dao2
Cyclops

I doubt they are done, that pic, while horrible quality, does seem like a different face paint

edit: apparently they are actually already done wow that is quick
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 10:32 PM   #860
cool1sky
Fantastic Four

Yup they are done. They said she would be leaving China in November (last month). It is the fact they have not posted any pictures is whats concerning. Of course this is PCS we are talking about and it could have been bullcrap.

And did they like purposely lower the quality of that picture? We are in 2020 how is it possible to get such a crappy photo. And if that indeed is a production sample, then I dont think they were able to replicate the upgraded paint app. Even with the awful picture quality, you can tell the paint is different from the prototype.

Actually its too hard to tell. They need to show us a better quality picture. If they want to show us they were able to match the upgraded paint app, now is the time to do it.