Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 12-27-2023, 01:22 AM   #291
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Holy cow!! Amazing! What a beautiful display room. Is your plan to leave the ceiling as is? What is the height of your basement?

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my ceiling, when the time comes. I like the rustic look of leaving it exposed. Maybe painted black or something to make it look like a loft.
Not a bad idea
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 10:12 AM   #292
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Absolutely fantastic!!!!!
That looks incredible!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulutations View Post
Wow! The way you have presented your statues, portraits, and figures is second to none, SONICobra. This set-up really is beautifully curated. Nicely done!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
Truly an amazing collection and display. There's so much to like here. Thanks for posting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Yes. Perfectly said.
thanks very much guys, i appreciate the kind words. for a while before and even after this was set up i dont think i was focused enough. now that its starting to take shape im really able to fine tune the display space. some displays still are not where i want them but next year should be able to get closer to the vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
All of it looks great of course but my personal favorites are the MOTU display and the PCS Dredd with SS Bale Batman. I don?t have that particular Bale-Man, I have the Begins PF and he looks great with Dredd and Iron Studios Punisher. 3rd on my list is your helmet display.
thanks brother, MOTU will be a major focus in the new room coming next year im pretty excited about it. that bale batman is a pretty underrated piece, TDK costume has been done to death at this point but i still feel its one of the best representations of it and the only statue of it in 1/4 scale. and the harbottle sculpt on the portrait (what little there is) is excellent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Beautiful collection!

I love Grundy and Clayface, I just didn't realize those pieces were THAT big. OMG. Still love them though
thanks man! yeah the brawlers are big boys, clayface was one of the first custom statues i ordered and actually influenced the way i was going to build these shelves

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Holy cow!! Amazing! What a beautiful display room. Is your plan to leave the ceiling as is? What is the height of your basement?

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my ceiling, when the time comes. I like the rustic look of leaving it exposed. Maybe painted black or something to make it look like a loft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Not a bad idea
i debated this for a while, i spoke to the contractor when i was doing renovations but we landed on leaving it as is because the color of the wood is actually pretty nice. if it was standard new construction lumber i would have had to paint or stain everything. i think the warm wood color offers a good contrast against the cool greys. i was really inspired by some art galleries and decided to really lean into that and embrace the industrial motif of this space. i think the ceiling is around ~9' tall if you dont count the rafters

thanks again for the kind words everyone!
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 10:23 AM   #293
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Looks absolutely amazing. Well done!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote