Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 06-15-2018, 07:03 AM   #61
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Bowen are my favorite too, but Tweeterhead is catching up.
Totally agree, huge Tweeterhead fan, chad even stated he is trying to be the Bowen of DC. Bowen has a 5 year lead in a few years if Tweeterhead keeps up this up I may have to flip these two for favorite.
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:29 AM   #62
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by xforce View Post
Got warbird off rocklys vault for $300.00 which I thought was expensive but I was willing to pay for factory fresh. I was just up on fee bay and the last two that sold, sold for $600.00 had no idea she went up that much
Yowsers! I had no idea the old gal was going for that much. I paid $135 when she first came out at a LCS that I pre-ordered from (a rarity then for me). Guess I lucked out on that one, but I do love me some Carol Danvers / Ms. Marvel. I know it's those Dave Cockrum costume designs like Storm, Ms.Marvel and Phoenix
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:46 AM   #63
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

The other thing I noticed about a lot of bones statues with high prices on eBay is that the sellers are charging outrageous shipping fees also.

I noticed a seller was selling the colossus statue and charging over $50 to ship. I owned that statue at one point in time and unless you were shipping it overseas or to Canada there is no way it would be $50 to ship that statue and less you were doing an overnight delivery.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:52 AM   #64
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
The other thing I noticed about a lot of bones statues with high prices on eBay is that the sellers are charging outrageous shipping fees also.

I noticed a seller was selling the colossus statue and charging over $50 to ship. I owned that statue at one point in time and unless you were shipping it overseas or to Canada there is no way it would be $50 to ship that statue and less you were doing an overnight delivery.
yeah back in the day the trick with fee bay was to up the shipping cost because the final eval fee did not include the shipping charge, but they charge the 10% on shipping too so it makes no sense. SO if it takes $25.00 to ship, ebay take $2.50 so you have to eat that $2.50 since it costs $25.00 to ship
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:48 PM   #65
mmk123

I have also noticed the price of the mini statues going up to $100 to $150 as well for some of them
Old 06-22-2018, 11:36 AM   #66
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
It would be great as long as he doesn’t re do every character again. He has such a fan base it’s not necessary . All the collectors worldwide have created the market and values attached seem stable for us. I think if he started to redo every major character it would hurt the old collections . Pick up where you left off doing obscure awesome pieces nobody dared to touch in the past
I’m afraid that would be way too narrow from a business model perspective. If BD opens up the business again he will need to strike a balance with collectors that are both new and those that have an existing collection. He’d have to do the classic characters again as it would draw in new collectors into the 1/6 market. I am sure he wouldn’t redo the very obscure characters that have already been done but would likely mix in the rare characters net yet done with the more blue chip characters. Spidey, Cap, Hulk, Iron Man, etc would have to be part of any new line and I don’t think it would hurt old collections at all – you simply buy the new one if you prefer it over an old one in your collection and sell the old to fund the new.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:39 AM   #67
dugabrams
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

If Bowen comes back? Yes, your existing pieces will go down in value if a superior version is produced. Until then, up, up, up
dugabrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 01:18 PM   #68
mmk123

I agree with subby - I do think that Randy Bowen would do a mix of characters. Even though he really likes the classic characters and the classic look, not all consumers do so I am sure that Randy would do a mix.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:55 PM   #69
vwstobbe
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I agree with subby - I do think that Randy Bowen would do a mix of characters. Even though he really likes the classic characters and the classic look, not all consumers do so I am sure that Randy would do a mix.
Agreed. Established collectors would prefer classic costumes, but the new era of collectors will want modern or movie accurate costumes.
vwstobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 06:01 PM   #70
Primus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

The thing that made Bowen Designs great was his willingness to go deep in to the Marvel Universe of Characters, there are so many pieces that were done that to this day can’t be found anywhere else. Unfortunately due to statues being broken, turned in to custom pieces or collectors holding on to them the scarcity of Bowens continue to rise! EBay prices are for the most part are Redicoulus, but with fewer and fewer options available to acquire them I don’t see this trend going away any time soon for 1/6 collectors.
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote