Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 04-13-2024, 12:20 AM   #1
craigcliff1
Zot

PCS Star Wars Ship Models ?

Ant was asked about this, and didn't comment , but had a Big Smile
I LOVED collecting MR stuff when they had the license Cheap then and such fun to collect.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 02:45 AM   #2
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Could be interesting. How bout a Calamari Cruiser? Don't think I've seen anybody do one of those yet.
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 03:03 AM   #3
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

If he's into doing Star Wars ships, then certainly he could do Star Trek ships =)
DiscoCougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 05:59 AM   #4
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

I wish PCS had the Star Trek license, but the Star Wars license is way more lucrative, so I doubt they will go for the Trek license anytime soon. Hope I am wrong though.

TOMY's recent die-cast replica of the Enterprise from Star Trek TOS looked like a worthy release, though I wish they had managed to fix the screw hole covers and seams which are an eyesore. Hopefully some other company will come along and do a better job at it in the future.

Back to Star Wars. With the number of cool ship model replicas being released by unlicensed groups and selling out so quickly, PCS will have enough collectors buying them if they go with accurate studio scale models, even idealized versions done well will have an audience.

EFX releases some cool prop replicas once in a blue moon but doesn't seem to have the inclination nor the production capacity anymore to manufacture ship models from the Star Wars universe.

On an official capacity, PCS has no real competition when it comes to ship models. Anakin's Pod Racer statue by Iron Studios was a surprise, but it's unlikely they will get into larger scale models.

PCS can start out with the usual hits like X-wing starfighter and TIE fighter and mix it up with other ships not done by companies in the past.

Personally I want replicas of X-wing Red 5 1/24 model and AT-AT Walker Studio Scale model with Hoth snow base.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 11:01 AM   #5
craigcliff1
Zot

Van't buy these like with when MR was a company and they were Cheap
but is Kove to check out these
Executor
X Wing
Ties
SD
Trade Federation Battle Ship
Falcon
Asked about ST,, he stated statues won't sell, but don''t sell, but Models be super COOL
A
D,
E
Old 04-13-2024, 11:04 AM   #6
craigcliff1
Zot

use to own a 3 feet Executor, built and sold, a 12 inch one sold that C ala but sold that.. MONEY, MONEY, MONEY
Old 04-13-2024, 08:52 PM   #7
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Thanks for asking him about Star Trek.

Though the Exo-6 figure line is doing good, a statue line likely won't sustain beyond couple of characters, much like the Trek statue line from Darkside Collectibles. Trek model ships and prop replicas will do well instead.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote