Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 08-04-2017, 01:53 PM   #1221
Davidian
Omega Flight

Got my eyes on the Simonson Thor. I think that's the only omni coming out that is on my radar. Any X-Men omni's in the near future?
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:58 PM   #1222
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Got my eyes on the Simonson Thor. I think that's the only omni coming out that I is on my radar. Any X-Men omni's in the near future?
Good Choise. I haven't checked out properly that how many mutant related omnis coming out in near future but i'm eyeing X-Men Classic Omnibus. It will be released in something like a 4,5 months or something like that.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:38 AM   #1223
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I hope you can find the necessary money in time, dude. Ennis Punisher and Simonson Thor are the two big contestants among them, if you ask me. They are arguably the best runs on the characters. I will definetly get Simonson Thor next, if i must add. I got Ennis Punisher first cause it will be released earlier than Simonson Thor Omni. People say Planet hulk is pretty good but Hulk omnis don't have the priority that Thor omni has for me. May be i won't even get The Hulk Omnis, i haven't decided yet. I can't say anything about The Strange omni, i haven't heard anything about that run of Strange before and i haven't read any Doctor Strange yet anyway so Strange is a pass for me.
I'm thinking along the same lines, if I can get one, get the Thor and hope the rest stay in print heading into the holiday season. I may be fortunate enough to get a couple as gifts and then I usually get some cash for my birthday and could get a couple more. So for now I will keep my sights on Thor!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 12:00 PM   #1224
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Simonson Thor and the Lee/Ditko Dr. Strange Ominibuses are must haves. Both are exceptional. Only reason I don't have the Strange Omni is I have all those stories collected in the Masterworks HC series.

Planet Hulk is great as well but simply not in the same category as these other two.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 01:31 PM   #1225
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Simonson Thor and the Lee/Ditko Dr. Strange Ominibuses are must haves. Both are exceptional. Only reason I don't have the Strange Omni is I have all those stories collected in the Masterworks HC series.

Planet Hulk is great as well but simply not in the same category as these other two.
oh, were we talking about Lee&Ditko Omnibus then everyone says it's good, yeah. I thought we were talking about 90s Strange Omnibus of Peter B. Gillis, Dann Thomas, Roy Thomas and many more other people. I don't know how good that one is, i have never heard anything about it before it released as omnibus.
Old 08-05-2017, 01:47 PM   #1226
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post

I have the Lee/Ditko Strange and loved it! I am now debating on getting the newer Sorcerer Supreme omnibus. But I still think assuming funds will be tighter the next few months to just wait and get Thor
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:55 PM   #1227
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I have the Lee/Ditko Strange and loved it! I am now debating on getting the newer Sorcerer Supreme omnibus. But I still think assuming funds will be tighter the next few months to just wait and get Thor
I don't know anything about the Sorcerer Supreme Omni either. The Simonson Thor is guaranteed gold.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:34 AM   #1228
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Yeah, The Sorcerer Supreme Omni. I was talking about that too. I thought listing some of the creative team would explain it better and stuff but i should have said Sorcerer Supreme.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:59 PM   #1229
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Yeah, The Sorcerer Supreme Omni. I was talking about that too. I thought listing some of the creative team would explain it better and stuff but i should have said Sorcerer Supreme.
I loved Dr. Strange's battles against Dracula. From the write up of this book, it appears he's battling vampires again in this one. I've just never read these stories and can't vouch for how good they are. Gene Colan's one of the artists and his art just can't be beat. The vampire element makes this tempting but I'm going to pass this time around as, lately, I've bought too many trade collections that I ended up not liking and don't want to do that here, and the rotating creative teams on writing and art make me nervous.

Last edited by wktf; 08-06-2017 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Added final thought about creative teams.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:07 PM   #1230
xforce
Hydra

I am in on Thor Simonson Ominbus I owned it got greedy and sold it for $250.00 praying they would re print it. Lucky for me they are so I am buying it again. Best run on Thor ever
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote