Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-18-2023, 03:28 PM   #21
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Edition sizes are back. They are noted on the first photo of each product.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 03:30 PM   #22
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnneeukca View Post
Edition sizes are back. They are noted on the first photo of each product.
You mean all the hoopla and conspiracy the last day was for absolutely nothing!?!?!?!?!?!?

Now I am really angry and positive this is an Illuminati plot!

jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 03:34 PM   #23
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
You mean all the hoopla and conspiracy the last day was for absolutely nothing!?!?!?!?!?!?

Now I am really angry and positive this is an Illuminati plot!

Not really sure who you are referring to with your comment. I didn't see dramatic hoopla or conspiracy theories, just a few comments concerned about why they were missing.

Sorry not sorry that I sent a message to Sideshow to look into it.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 03:43 PM   #24
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Not really sure who you are referring to with your comment. I didn't see dramatic hoopla or conspiracy theories, just a few comments concerned about why they were missing.

Sorry not sorry that I sent a message to Sideshow to look into it.
Was not directed at you. But here are some samples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
Not seeing an edition size either. Maybe the new business model will involve panicking potential buyers to impulse buy. Could be 100, could be 3500 lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Ssc needs to put the ES up (or announced when it?s up) on there website. If it?s no longer announced, I will not be ordering anything from them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
The site might as well be Walmart.com now. It's so generic and basic looking, while also making all the important information harder to find and see.

So far, I am not a fan of this redesign.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
Confirmed, I just checked a PCS collectible and there is no Edition Size there either. Just says limited edition for all of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickleClaw View Post
Yeah saw that edition sizes had been removed on an art print...but that the art print canvas still said SOLD OUT, and daily deals say 'ALMOST GONE' ...so if edition sizes are removed, this might as well be any other toy website where we barely know the stock of anything as we order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
it's a business decision that allows them to fudge the es for max profit. I would do it too if i am sideshow.

The issue before is if they put up a large es, lot of people wait and dont order. If they do a small es and the statue became popular and gets sold out they miss all the profit. The way it is now, they can increase the es indefinitely as long as the statue is popular, meanwhile hide the large or changing es from buyers to avoid any issues that affect their buying decision

Like someone said, just view it as walmart not some limited collectible anymore, those days are long gone. Preorder the ones you really truly love / must have (which for me never happens anymore, sideshow pieces no longer create that emotion response...they all just seem cookie cutter). Wait for in stock and inhand photos for the ones you love, and wait for discount + free shipping for good to have.

If you miss a few, you miss few. The days of reselling them later to get your money back is long gone it's like winning jackpot to be able to sell a statue later and not lose money once you add on sideshow shipping + tax (~$100) on buy side, then ebay 15-20% fee + shipping on sell side. Looking at $250-350 in addition to msrp just to break even. For the europe guys i dont even know what they are smoking buying from sideshow lol
Those are just in this thread. The "Sideshow First! 2023 Event" has several of them also. I was just remarking about it. The doom and gloom about ES can be over now.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 03:59 PM   #25
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I like the way they simplify things and make the website look a little more stylish. I wasn't a big fan of the old layout.

All the pages I like are still there. Not a big change in content. New look for the new year. All good to me.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 04:02 PM   #26
ukshaun
Hercules

LOADING: Image(s)

LOADING: Image(s)

I guess slopes/angles are the in thing..
No doubt a future website will see the straightening out of the slopes/angles. And on it goes
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 04:15 PM   #27
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I guess slopes/angles are the in thing..
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 06:29 PM   #28
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 07:50 PM   #29
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

While i do not like the new lay out, i found the previous one to be more friendly, estimate size are still there with what version you getting. The only time i don't see the estimate number is on the item that were TBA before. The estimate number is on the picture if the item.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 09:05 PM   #30
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Was not directed at you. But here are some samples.

Those are just in this thread. The "Sideshow First! 2023 Event" has several of them also. I was just remarking about it. The doom and gloom about ES can be over now.
Hmmm.... For the record, I was clearly being facetious...hence my intentional inclusion of the "lol" at the end. Tough crowd...
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote