Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-03-2022, 11:33 AM   #91
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
I don't get the vitriol either. I've gone back and watched some of the original series because I hadn't seen it in years and Revelations ties directly into several episodes. Animation style wasn't great IMO but I did like it for some characters, mostly the villains though.
Yeah I don't get the vitriol at all. You can tell that the show was made by people who loved the Filmation series.

I get not having He-Man as the main character (for season 1) is a very divisive move. But for me I didn't mind at all. I don't care for He-Man too much though because I was always more into the visually interesting villains. Trap-Jaw, Kobra Khan, Skeletor, Webstor they are so much better than He-Man
This show made me care more about Orko! Never thought that would happen.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 06:34 PM   #92
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Vitriol? It's simple. They made Prince Adam a wuss with little screen time and made Teela into that beast from The Last of Us 2. Plus Teela had a female "companion." These are changes to appeal to a tiny minority of weirdos that are falsely amplified by media and big tech. Hence, the low viewer ratings for the show. Imagine a She-Ra show with hardly any She-Ra in it and the character is a wuss.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 06:47 PM   #93
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Yeah I don't get the vitriol at all. You can tell that the show was made by people who loved the Filmation series.

I get not having He-Man as the main character (for season 1) is a very divisive move. But for me I didn't mind at all. I don't care for He-Man too much though because I was always more into the visually interesting villains. Trap-Jaw, Kobra Khan, Skeletor, Webstor they are so much better than He-Man
This show made me care more about Orko! Never thought that would happen.
Yes!
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 11:56 AM   #94
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Vitriol? It's simple. They made Prince Adam a wuss with little screen time and made Teela into that beast from The Last of Us 2. Plus Teela had a female "companion." These are changes to appeal to a tiny minority of weirdos that are falsely amplified by media and big tech. Hence, the low viewer ratings for the show. Imagine a She-Ra show with hardly any She-Ra in it and the character is a wuss.
Yeah I totally get it. If I go to a Batman movie and he gets killed within 10minutes and the movie is a story about Robin taking over the mantle that would be pretty jarring. (although if they made it a good story I'd still be open to it).

Same thing happened in Metal Gear Solid 2. Everyone wanted to play as Snake and we got whiny pretty boy Raiden.

Again I totally get your viewpoint but to me there are so many characters in MOTU that have interesting with interesting backstories and I was never that attached to the Prince Adam/He-Man so I was fine with it.

p.s. From what I can see season 2 is way more about Prince Adam/He-Man. I haven't finished the season yet so I can't say if it keeps up.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 12:25 PM   #95
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
One thing I did not like from the previews and still don't like was the guns they gave the ladies. Holy crap they needed to tone it down a lot (imo of course).

I always felt the MotU universe was about the body building / Conan of the 80s (think Schwarzenegger) aesthetic. Big guns all around, doesn't bother me. That outfit and hair cut do Teela no favours though...
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 11:32 PM   #96
Blade3327
Nightwing

Looks like Netflix is continuing the Revelation story with a new season titled Revolution. They also made it a point that the focus is on He-Man and Skeletor. We'll see how that plays out.

To be fair, my problems with Revelation had very little to do with Teela beyond her redesign. It was more the lack of restraint with which the story was handled. Everyone and their grandma being granted The Power™... "Skelegod" and Goddess Evil-Lyn... not to mention the scene where Lyn seduces Skeletor. These just don't seem like things you'd throw into a MOTU cartoon if you really cared about the property.

Quote:
'Masters of the Universe: Revolution' is an all-new story that brings the focus to He-Man vs. Skeletor like you've never seen them before. It’s technology versus magic as He-Man and the heroic warriors face the forces of Skeletor and a deadly threat to the Planet in 'Masters of the Universe: Revolution' – the next epic chapter in the battle for Eternia.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote