Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 03-20-2021, 03:53 PM   #61
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Looking forward to seeing this and some pics ...Popculcha here in Aus has maybe still some for anyone interested that can handle shipping from Aus.
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 05:04 PM   #62
Jack Burton
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranz View Post
Looking forward to seeing this and some pics ...Popculcha here in Aus has maybe still some for anyone interested that can handle shipping from Aus.
With the markup in price combined with the shipping from Australia (with crazy covid rates), that is going to be close to double the original price.
Jack Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 04:39 AM   #63
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Very true haha ...They might be rich very rich... Well they'll need to be.
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 09:51 AM   #64
Jack Burton

This (literal) monstrosity showed up yesterday. The box is ENORMOUS. Great sculpt, ridiculous presence, and crazy heavy. They list it as 120 pounds. I don't think they're lying. The eyes are great. I was experimenting with the lighting. The one shot with the backlit arms makes them look like candles.

I've never owned a translucent resin piece before, so I didn't know how it would look in person. If I'm going to be honest, it's a little shiny (glossy) compared to the movie. (It looks better in pictures) Not sure how to remedy that. I think they do a VERY light paint job with this material, and the resin is glossy. The hands (which have a thicker layer of paint) look better than the rest of the statue imo. I wouldn't mind the whole statue looking a little more like latex (the material it was most likely made of in for the movie). I might spray it with a matte finish if I don't think of anything better (and cheap/easy). (Obviously a repaint would help, but $$$ and shipping??? $$$)

Old 03-28-2021, 01:19 PM   #65
qz33
Doctor Doom

Good pictures.

It would not punch the ticket for my initial reaction to include it would be helped by a repaint.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 01:38 PM   #66
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Good pictures.

It would not punch the ticket for my initial reaction to include it would be helped by a repaint.
Yep, I agree. I just love the character and don't see anyone making a life size bust in the near future. Other than the "gloss" it's amazing imo.
Old 03-28-2021, 04:59 PM   #67
Vader
Ghost

I'm ok with the gloss. quick satin finish if you prefer that way. its an amazing bust.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 06:20 PM   #68
Vader
Ghost

I like it the way it is. Only 40 in north america and i heard less than 100 total.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 07:33 PM   #69
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
I'm ok with the gloss. quick satin finish if you prefer that way. its an amazing bust.
I just don’t think translucent resin is the best material to replicate creatures made out of latex. I’ve felt this way for a while but have been told that translucent resin photographs strangely. After having it in person, my thoughts are confirmed. Just being objective about it. Most people won’t admit faults of things they’ve just bought.

I need to talk to Rafael Robledo jr. I know he gets all of these ecc pieces. I just want it to look more like the material from the movie (latex?).
Old 03-28-2021, 07:36 PM   #70
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
I like it the way it is. Only 40 in north america and i heard less than 100 total.
I thought George said 30 when I talked to him, but I always mix up geographic terms. 😂