Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-07-2019, 01:52 AM   #261
aa909
The Green Hornet

Jesus, what a disaster. Sorry to see all the broken statues showing up, hopefully everyone gets a replacement
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:42 AM   #262
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

So goes the days where you didn't have to worry about having your XM statue arrive broken.

That sucks.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:49 AM   #263
Nebulhym
The X-Men

That is painful to watch. Come on XM, please don't turn into Sideshow!!!!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:34 AM   #264
Outer_Rim
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Sorry to hear about all those broken Mauls. Mine hasn´t shipped yet and I am totally terrified. I agree that XM should stop shipping it and address the issue with a better solution than an extra piece of foam and send fixed replacements to all customers with a broken one.
Outer_Rim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:24 AM   #265
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I'm concerned not only unpacking it but i have to re-box mine because my statue area is in flux. Very sad by the way to have some great pieces just sitting in boxes. Overall this looks like a piece that is destined to break at any given time. Well out of the time frame XM would replace is. And yeah if one day you did choose to sell it for whatever reason. Good luck.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:35 PM   #266
built2shred
Phoenix

I don't think re-boxing it should be an issue if your just keeping it in a storage room... it's when it's boxed up and bouncing around in the delivery truck is what's probably causing the breaks.

Even if XM decides to replace everyone's broken lower body it will probably take several months due to XM not making spare parts.. they will have to create them all from scratch..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
That is painful to watch. Come on XM, please don't turn into Sideshow!!!!
They don't communicate with collectors like they used to which kind of tells me they're already starting to turn into Sideshow... I remember awhile back when people kept comparing XM friendly customer service and high quality service to SS and Igo saying something along the lines of "wait until they get bigger"... I think were starting to see the beginning of that now....

The only reason I found out they even had an issue with breakage was because my contact said XM was delaying sending them the statues, so we had to wait an extra week, back in the old days XM would of made a post in here explaining any issues but instead they tried to keep it quiet... even now we still haven't heard a peep out of XM regarding this issue or even the issue with Storm's hair breaking..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:57 PM   #267
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Ugh... one of my most highly anticipated pieces. Mine hasn’t shipped yet so fingers are crossed something gets done about this in the meantime.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:00 PM   #268
Devo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick View Post
I contacted my seller from Singapore, and they said the issue has been fixed, and the batch I will be receiving from will be next. I'm hope from here on out, no collector has this issue I'll post pics once I get it.
I got told the same by my contact in Singapore too. That design is terrible for shipping , I'd assumed all Cape parts were separate and had to be attached, like what they did with fett.

No way could they correct this properly in this time. How the hell do you glue that piece back on??

Bad show XM
Devo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:49 PM   #269
WEIRDO 1 SHINOB
Frackin!

Something that I believe that is of importance is having a video camera when your items are being delivered. If you do not have a home cam and you are fortunate to be home during the delivery, have your cell phone or hand held video device ready. My XM Darth Maul was being delivered by DHL and a white Mercedes van pulled in my driveway. Out jumps the driver/delivery person and he walks around the side to open the door. He was about 5' 8" and he grabs my box carries it by hand. Now this guy is having a hard time holding this thing and of course he drops it. As he is coming up my front steps, while pushing it at this point, I open my front door with my camera in hand and ask him why he is not using some type of device to carry it. He then informs me he has one in the van. I asked him why he did not use it before dropping the package on my driveway. As you can imagine, I have placed a complaint with DHL. *PLEASE BE AWARE and I pray all that ordered gets their items in one piece.
WEIRDO 1 SHINOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:53 PM   #270
WEIRDO 1 SHINOB
Frackin!

On another note, Todd from Spec Fiction Shop, assured me that a replacement part for the lower portion will be issued. There will be no need to ship the whole container back. What an experience. As I have learned from this fantastic forum, you really need to be aware if the item is a WORLDWIDE release or not. Anyone who has ordered this item, please put it in a very sturdy type structure and case.
WEIRDO 1 SHINOB is offline   Reply With Quote