Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-07-2019, 07:11 PM   #271
sparda
The Avengers

Seems that about 50% of all pieces posted have breakages. Damn...
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:06 AM   #272
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
They don't communicate with collectors like they used to which kind of tells me they're already starting to turn into Sideshow... I remember awhile back when people kept comparing XM friendly customer service and high quality service to SS and Igo saying something along the lines of "wait until they get bigger"... I think were starting to see the beginning of that now....

The only reason I found out they even had an issue with breakage was because my contact said XM was delaying sending them the statues, so we had to wait an extra week, back in the old days XM would of made a post in here explaining any issues but instead they tried to keep it quiet... even now we still haven't heard a peep out of XM regarding this issue or even the issue with Storm's hair breaking..
Well, I guess the honey-moon stage is over. I am pretty sure they still listen...just won’t communicate with us that much. Either way, it is sad\shocking to see the amount of breakages for XM Darth Maul. Didn’t they do a drop test before-hand.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 10:11 AM   #273
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEIRDO 1 SHINOB View Post
On another note, Todd from Spec Fiction Shop, assured me that a replacement part for the lower portion will be issued.

I suspect the whole thing might need to be replaced. If not, it is entirely possible that you can get a lower body piece that may not fit correctly on the base. Typically, each individual piece is tailor-made for each individual base. It's a risky option, is what I'm saying.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:38 PM   #274
WEIRDO 1 SHINOB
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I suspect the whole thing might need to be replaced. If not, it is entirely possible that you can get a lower body piece that may not fit correctly on the base. Typically, each individual piece is tailor-made for each individual base. It's a risky option, is what I'm saying.

Lord risingstar, I hope it's not the whole thing, but what can you do.

Risingstar, I noticed with my statue, that the silver paint detail in the waist is missing (six buttons and lightsabre holder). I noticed the missing paint app on the photos you posted as well, plus two videos on Youtube from people who have received their statues. When you look at the book provided with the statue it's there or video from "Radd Titan" or "It's Sisko" also.

XM is killing us.
WEIRDO 1 SHINOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:57 PM   #275
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Lord risingstar, I hope it's not the whole thing, but what can you do.

Risingstar, I noticed with my statue, that the silver paint detail in the waist is missing (six buttons and lightsabre holder). I noticed the missing paint app on the photos you posted as well, plus two videos on Youtube from people who have received their statues. When you look at the book provided with the statue it's there or video from "Radd Titan" or "It's Sisko" also.

XM is killing us.

You are 100% correct. Oddly enough, when I do a google search on Darth Maul, it would appear that this piece you are referring to is typically painted black anyway. Maybe it was an 11th hour correction?

Here is a pic I took at STGCC 2017 in Singapore. I can see what you mean. It must have been a design change made along the way. I actually prefer it all black. It's less distracting to the eye. Now, when I look at the statue, I'm drawn to the portrait and the action pose. In the pic below, my eye would look first at the silver doodad on his sash. The change works for me. Good eye for catching that though!

Old 02-08-2019, 10:25 PM   #276
WEIRDO 1 SHINOB
Frackin!

risingstar - You are 100% correct. Oddly enough, when I do a google search on Darth Maul, it would appear that this piece you are referring to is typically painted black anyway. Maybe it was an 11th hour correction?

Thanks for setting me straight. Yeah, I wonder why they added the silver highlights originally. My apologies to XM and whoever caught the mismatch.

risiningstar - I can see what you mean. It must have been a design change made along the way. I actually prefer it all black. It's less distracting to the eye. Now, when I look at the statue, I'm drawn to the portrait and the action pose. In the pic below, my eye would look first at the silver doodad on his sash. The change works for me. Good eye for catching that though!

Thanks. I put everything in the box. I was going to look at the head sculpt again to see if you can see his ear clip, but I doubt seeing it as he has his cloak on.

Last edited by WEIRDO 1 SHINOB; 02-08-2019 at 10:27 PM. Reason: I messed up on risingstar's quotes.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:39 PM   #277
WEIRDO 1 SHINOB
Frackin!

Even though there is the breakage issue and some may question the likeness of Ray Park, I still love this statue.

I love the fact that it's not a mixed media piece. It does work for some, but in my case I figure, if I'm going to buy a statue, I want it to be exactly that.

I also like the fact that there are no swap outs. Even though after seeing the Youtube video with David Giraud by Shelf Space BnB (give it a look by the way) and the swap out possibility, I like that they gave us what they did. I can just assemble it and display it.

I am also really glad they did not give us a light up option. I can see it on Hot Toys or Sideshow items, but not on a statue like this. Just my opinion.

The only thing that I might have wanted a bit more? More detailing on the eyes.

What do you guys think?
Old 02-08-2019, 10:42 PM   #278
WEIRDO 1 SHINOB
Frackin!

Speaking of breakage, can you imagine if XM does do a General Grievous statue?
Old 02-08-2019, 11:59 PM   #279
risingstar
Jedi Order

I'd love a General Grievous........!
Old 02-09-2019, 02:36 PM   #280
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Something that I believe that is of importance is having a video camera when your items are being delivered. If you do not have a home cam and you are fortunate to be home during the delivery, have your cell phone or hand held video device ready. My XM Darth Maul was being delivered by DHL and a white Mercedes van pulled in my driveway. Out jumps the driver/delivery person and he walks around the side to open the door. He was about 5' 8" and he grabs my box carries it by hand. Now this guy is having a hard time holding this thing and of course he drops it. As he is coming up my front steps, while pushing it at this point, I open my front door with my camera in hand and ask him why he is not using some type of device to carry it. He then informs me he has one in the van. I asked him why he did not use it before dropping the package on my driveway. As you can imagine, I have placed a complaint with DHL. *PLEASE BE AWARE and I pray all that ordered gets their items in one piece.
you think filming the delivery of the last 10 ft makes a difference? That box has been thrown, dropped, kicked and flipped 100 times before the final delivery guy even gets his hands on it. It has to be able to withstand far worse than what you described.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote