Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 05-06-2020, 11:34 PM   #1
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

New Limited Edition Green Phoenix Bishoujo

From Koto's Facebook:

MARVEL PHOENIX REBIRTH LIMITED EDITION BISHOUJO STATUE

An all-new limited edition BISHOUJO will be available for pre-order through select retailers worldwide: Phoenix Rebirth Limited Edition BISHOUJO Statue!

In addition to a change in the costume color from the Dark Phoenix Rebirth BISHOUJO Statue, Phoenix Rebirth has been sculpted with a much calmer expression and pose in order to recreate the “Phoenix” before being swallowed up by a powerful force.

The Phoenix Force has been incorporated into the base and is also a softer color that conveys warmth in the overall statue.

When placed side by side with the now-released Dark Phoenix Rebirth, the tumultuous world of “The Dark Phoenix Saga” is further expanded.

© 2020 MARVEL

Available October 2020.

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:05 AM   #2
abubakarhimself
Justice League

That looks pretty cool! And she doesnt have that preteen face which adorns the majority of these manga/anime inspired pieces.
abubakarhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:34 AM   #3
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I hate when they do this. Especially at the new prices. No chance in H*** I can afford both. I try not to get variants, but I break my rule for different characters, and Phoenix-es(sp?), but not this time.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:30 AM   #4
AC_808
Hercules

Welll shiiit ...that looks great. They even changed the flames to a yellow-orange just to highlight the difference.

Might just have to get this, too.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 10:11 AM   #5
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
From Koto's Facebook:

MARVEL PHOENIX REBIRTH LIMITED EDITION BISHOUJO STATUE

An all-new limited edition BISHOUJO will be available for pre-order through select retailers worldwide: Phoenix Rebirth Limited Edition BISHOUJO Statue!

In addition to a change in the costume color from the Dark Phoenix Rebirth BISHOUJO Statue, Phoenix Rebirth has been sculpted with a much calmer expression and pose in order to recreate the “Phoenix” before being swallowed up by a powerful force.

The Phoenix Force has been incorporated into the base and is also a softer color that conveys warmth in the overall statue.

When placed side by side with the now-released Dark Phoenix Rebirth, the tumultuous world of “The Dark Phoenix Saga” is further expanded.

© 2020 MARVEL

Available October 2020.

grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 11:29 AM   #6
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I like the original Dark best, but I could be persuaded into getting this variant... especially if they do the other two, too.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 04:47 PM   #7
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
We expect preorders will begin to open up on 5/11. Keep in mind this release is classified as a limited edition with a one-time production.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:46 PM   #8
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
I like the original Dark best, but I could be persuaded into getting this variant... especially if they do the other two, too.
I really like the black and red version of Phoenix with the slight star field in the black portion. Where is the drawing from?

Now I love the fact that Jean is wearing her Marvel Girl/Star Trek/Lost in Space outfit but if she did change her outfit I would like to see her wear this outfit but maybe get rid of the Phoenix emblem. It would still be reminiscent of Dave Cockrum's design but slightly modernized (however I would not object if she did go back to wearing her Phoenix outfit but I really doubt that would happen).
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 09:53 PM   #9
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
We expect preorders will begin to open up on 5/11. Keep in mind this release is classified as a limited edition with a one-time production.
I really like the pose and colors on the green Phoenix. I’m guessing the regular online retailers will have her: BBTS, Ent. Earth, Amiami, KotoUS shop?
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 04:03 PM   #10
hunnipot85
Blue Falcon

I wonder if this was supposed to be this years SDCC Bishoujo??
hunnipot85 is offline   Reply With Quote