Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 04-06-2021, 01:53 PM   #81
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Not unless you're selling it and in that case the IP owner can seek to stop you from doing so, but they have 0 right to flat out take what you've created artistically and use it. That's insane. Anyone just practicing their craft and sharing it with the world or submitting art to the company in hopes of getting work would be ripped off.
I get what you’re saying on a moral or fairness level, but in court I think the IP owner would win every time.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 02:32 PM   #82
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Not unless you're selling it and in that case the IP owner can seek to stop you from doing so, but they have 0 right to flat out take what you've created artistically and use it. That's insane. Anyone just practicing their craft and sharing it with the world or submitting art to the company in hopes of getting work would be ripped off.
I guess that makes sense. But the bottom of the artist's artwork does have a patreon link lol.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 03:46 PM   #83
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I get what you’re saying on a moral or fairness level, but in court I think the IP owner would win every time.
The person who came up with the idea of a black suit Spider-Man did not work for Marvel. He was a fan who submitted the idea to them. The editor paid that person($220) for the idea with the opportunity to also script the story, but that never happened. Still the guy got paid for his concept and rightly so. Sounds like precedent to me.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 04:47 PM   #84
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
The person who came up with the idea of a black suit Spider-Man did not work for Marvel. He was a fan who submitted the idea to them. The editor paid that person($220) for the idea with the opportunity to also script the story, but that never happened. Still the guy got paid for his concept and rightly so. Sounds like precedent to me.
It might be a company policy, but it’s certainly not a legal precedent. But we’re just talking about a pose, right? So if I draw Spider-Man in 20 different poses and post those drawings on social media, you’re saying that Marvel owes me something if they, or any company that licenses the character, use one of those poses?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 02:15 AM   #85
Biggunz
Loki

What's up guys...I don't like these Spiderman though

They should of did venom vs ghost rider if they wanted a combo jeeez
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 02:06 AM   #86
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
What's up guys...I don't like these Spiderman though

They should of did venom vs ghost rider if they wanted a combo jeeez
Well that’s mighty specific.

This statue as a whole definitely ain’t perfect but I think these 3 characters make way more sense as a combo for a few reasons.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:01 PM   #87
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Well that’s mighty specific.

This statue as a whole definitely ain’t perfect but I think these 3 characters make way more sense as a combo for a few reasons.
Don’t fear the Rider
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:22 PM   #88
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
It doesnt matter. Marvel/Sony owns the rights to Spider-man. You draw him/her and want to make money from it, you better make sure you have the licence. Otherwise - pay up. The artist that drew her in that pose can get a pat on the back, and be glad he or she isn't sued.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 11:08 PM   #89
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
It doesnt matter. Marvel/Sony owns the rights to Spider-man. You draw him/her and want to make money from it, you better make sure you have the licence. Otherwise - pay up. The artist that drew her in that pose can get a pat on the back, and be glad he or she isn't sued.
Where money isn’t being earned not many would ever be sued (and sometimes even when money is earned), especially when it’s of a character that’s been around for awhile. At worst you’ll get a cease and desist order.

And I’m quite sure it’ll come under ‘fair use’ doctrine anyway, as such the use of copyrighted material can be freely used in certain fair circumstances. I’m located in Australia, but I’m pretty sure the USA has the same sort of copyright legislation when it comes to fair use.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 01:13 AM   #90
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I've seen several of these stories on bleeding cool before. They don't just blow over. Not sure why people are so insistent that it will just go away or the artist will get squashed other than you're hoping the statue doesn't get changed. Not saying that will happen, not at all. But as long as she can prove it was her art used for concept it won't simply go away.

What I'm not understanding is why Gwen's pose got changed from the cover in the first place. To me the original was just fine.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote