Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-27-2021, 12:59 PM   #2141
Ljaat
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo84 View Post
When you say over the shelf? Do you mean above it? Do you happen to have a pic of one of them fitted close up?

Go back 2 pages and look at post 2127, it's the 3rd pic.
Ljaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 08:16 PM   #2142
stevo84
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljaat View Post
Go back 2 pages and look at post 2127, it's the 3rd pic.
This one? You mean the white bar going horizontally across?. The link you sent me was a grey metal bar though?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rubberma...0WHT/100003748

This link? Oh, I think I understand now it literally goes over the shelf itself. Now I get it that's the back of the shelf in the picture. So when it screws in does it screw into the back or the sides of the cabinet? Inside I mean ofc
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1402.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	138067  
stevo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 11:47 PM   #2143
Ljaat

The desc in the link says white for me. It's the ones I bought. No screws needed. It slips over the shelf and isn't loose. I mean, if you wanted I suppose you could screw it onto the shelf but that's just extra work.
Old 03-29-2021, 06:24 AM   #2144
SDguy

Quote:
As far as the middle line, I painted mine white to match. In a few of the cabs it does a good job, and others it doesn't. I'm not totally happy with it, and have been thinking about trying this out..

https://safemend.com/pages/safemend
I ended up using pinstripe tape. Ended up looking pretty good I think.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210319_200128.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	138072   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210320_085110.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	138073  
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 04:15 PM   #2145
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo84 View Post
This one? You mean the white bar going horizontally across?. The link you sent me was a grey metal bar though?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rubberma...0WHT/100003748

This link? Oh, I think I understand now it literally goes over the shelf itself. Now I get it that's the back of the shelf in the picture. So when it screws in does it screw into the back or the sides of the cabinet? Inside I mean ofc
You guys always scare me with your PAX system builds. I think they look nice once they're done but the inside of those shelves are nothing but honeycomb cardboard. I once looked at them at IKEA and it took me all but five seconds to consider something else. Have anyone on here ever had a PAX unit collapse?

Edit: BTW, my intention wasn't to make you doubt this at all. I'm so very sorry if it did. I was just re-reading this and my comment came off very cold and aloof. Tons of people have used the PAX system over the years and as long as you're using the support rods you'll be safe. You'll be happy with it once you're finished. They end up looking really nice.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 04:30 PM   #2146
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
You guys always scare me with your PAX system builds. I think they look nice once they're done but the inside of those shelves are nothing but honeycomb cardboard. I once looked at them at IKEA and it took me all but five seconds to consider something else. Have anyone on here ever had a PAX unit collapse?
A lot of people use PAX and I haven't run across a single instance of a PAX failing. And believe me, based on the constant reposting of shattered Detolfs I've seen on FB, I'm sure I would have come across some by now LOL. Bowing shelves, yes... but not failure.
Old 03-29-2021, 05:26 PM   #2147
Ljaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I ended up using pinstripe tape. Ended up looking pretty good I think.
Nice! Maybe I'll go that route first. What size is that?
Old 03-29-2021, 05:53 PM   #2148
SDguy

Quote:
Nice! Maybe I'll go that route first. What size is that?
I think 1/4". Probably would do 1/2 if doing it again.
Old 03-30-2021, 12:14 AM   #2149
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
A lot of people use PAX and I haven't run across a single instance of a PAX failing. And believe me, based on the constant reposting of shattered Detolfs I've seen on FB, I'm sure I would have come across some by now LOL. Bowing shelves, yes... but not failure.
That's good to know. The older PAX system used to be really nice and sturdy. However, that new one just makes me so nervous. I'm glad no one has had any issues though. Their Bestas on the other hand seem very durable.

I ended up using a pine wood shelving system from ikea a few years back. There's one shelf that makes me worry... It's got a weight limit of 68lbs and Spiderman 2099's heavy a-- is on it. It surprisingly only has about a 3mm bow in the center of it all this time later.. But Idk... Anything from Ikea just makes me sweat lol. These statues really deserve a custom display, solid wood... unfortunately that would add thousands to an already expensive hobby.

Attached is a picture of my display. Ignore the Psylocke arm. I'm having to repair it yet again because a thin piece of paint randomly fell off the other day while dusting. I can't wait to finish the X-MEN line and be done with this hobby. I've had nothing but issues the Sideshow pieces.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20210329_220714.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	138089  
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 02:22 AM   #2150
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post

Edit: BTW, my intention wasn't to make you doubt this at all. I'm so very sorry if it did. I was just re-reading this and my comment came off very cold and aloof. Tons of people have used the PAX system over the years and as long as you're using the support rods you'll be safe. You'll be happy with it once you're finished. They end up looking really nice.
There are ways to fortify the shelves. I bought metal tracks that I cut to size and screwed on to both edges of the shelves. With metal support on each side of a shelf it doesn't sag or bend in any way. I have the Apocalypse, Cable, and the OG Deadpool PFs on one PAX shelf. That's some serious weight and the shelf is as straight as an arrow. For peace of mind I also bought metal shelf pegs and installed them instead of using the plastic ones from IKEA. So far, so good. I haven't had a hint of trouble since I used the metal tracks and metal shelf pegs.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote