Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Kinetiquettes

Old 04-03-2021, 06:43 PM   #81
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Found some really great pictures of the production piece. Shoutout to HHamajippa @ twitter for the pictures.

The whole piece looks really amazing and Kinetiquettes really did nail the colours. But this guy also has the effect broken off at the same spot ffs. Can't wait for mine to arrive to see for myself how it is packaged and why it causes to break on everyones statue lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EyB6s7wVEAQkl2a (1).jpg
Views:	186
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	138291   Click image for larger version

Name:	EyB56uAU8AEQQj0.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	138292   Click image for larger version

Name:	EyB6wVUUUAMMS46.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	318.0 KB
ID:	138293  
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:17 PM   #82
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Yeah once you see the packaging you'll understand why it happens. It was inevitable. I think someone would have to be lucky for it not to happen. There's way too much tension in that area and not enough protection to prevent the breakage.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 09:07 AM   #83
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

Thanks for keeping the discussion going everyone. Just to add on here. We are actively working towards sending out replacements for breakages. Including sideshow orders. This is something that slipped under our radar during drop tests. Yes we do do drop tests for every project. But sometimes a project comes along that's quite complex like Dizzy where its difficult to catch during drop tests or things may have happened during the making of the foam packaging mold where a slight change affects shipping greatly. We also are going to implement additional drop test to rectify this in future projects.
Kinetiquettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 09:14 AM   #84
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Yeah it doesn't form a circle all the way across anymore. Now it is three giant spikes, two on one side. I'm not sure why they made that change. Maybe it just looked weird in production or maybe it was hard to package it that way. It seems like all of their products get changed from the prototype without them saying. For Mai and Terry it was for the worse, but Dizzy's face looks much better in the final version so I'd say this one was a win and a rare situation of being better than the prototype.
Thanks for the compliments. We are trying to do better with each release. We always state that "things may be changed improved during production ".But it not very fair to the hard working team to say its "rare" for our final product to be better than prototype. We have always improved things during production to be better than what was shown.So far, we have had great feedback for all our releases including Terry. For Mai, we have had mostly positive reviews being our first 1/4 female statue. But ofcourse we know we can do better or should've done better for her.

We have also had changes imposed by licensors mid production so there were some things beyond our control and we have taken steps to avoid such things from happening again in future. Moving forward, we will keep striving to be better for you, the customer. Thanks again for your continued support.
Kinetiquettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 03:57 PM   #85
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetiquettes View Post
Thanks for the compliments. We are trying to do better with each release. We always state that "things may be changed improved during production ".But it not very fair to the hard working team to say its "rare" for our final product to be better than prototype. We have always improved things during production to be better than what was shown.So far, we have had great feedback for all our releases including Terry. For Mai, we have had mostly positive reviews being our first 1/4 female statue. But ofcourse we know we can do better or should've done better for her.

We have also had changes imposed by licensors mid production so there were some things beyond our control and we have taken steps to avoid such things from happening again in future. Moving forward, we will keep striving to be better for you, the customer. Thanks again for your continued support.
Any idea when we will see the Ky Vs Sol piece? Will it be 1/4?

I'm pretty desperate for a GG piece at this point.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 05:19 PM   #86
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetiquettes View Post
Thanks for keeping the discussion going everyone. Just to add on here. We are actively working towards sending out replacements for breakages. Including sideshow orders. This is something that slipped under our radar during drop tests. Yes we do do drop tests for every project. But sometimes a project comes along that's quite complex like Dizzy where its difficult to catch during drop tests or things may have happened during the making of the foam packaging mold where a slight change affects shipping greatly. We also are going to implement additional drop test to rectify this in future projects.
I must have missed this post as I just now read it. Is there a form we need to go to to get replacements? I am guessing I can't do it anymore because Sideshow gave me a small partial refund, but they had told me there was no replacement parts at the time.
Old 06-13-2021, 08:45 AM   #87
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Guilty Gear Strive is pretty damn hype. Hoping for Kinetqiuttes to make Ramlethals T H I C C thighs into polystone.

My Dizzy will arrive this month. I'm so happy about it.
Old 08-22-2021, 06:20 PM   #88
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Think we'll be on the next GG game before we see another statue?!

GGS is so popular right now, it's sold amazingly well, people are playing who have never played before, the fan base is bigger than ever...you'd think a statue company would capitalize on that?!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 09:45 PM   #89
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

If they do I just hope they aren't based off of Strive's designs
Old 08-23-2021, 02:36 PM   #90
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
If they do I just hope they aren't based off of Strive's designs
Blasphemy.

I'd love to have an I-No, Ramlethal or Milia statue in their strive outfits.