Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 08-20-2021, 10:45 AM   #21
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

This looks tough for a 1/10 and that mixed media cape is flawless. Just wouldn't think they would go with a fabric cape for such a small statue.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 02:49 PM   #22
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

It's only a prototype don't forget. If history tells us anything, it's that the face of this won't look as good when it is released :/

I am looking forward to the rest of the pieces in this line tho. If they all have the same vibe I would consider picking up most of them, as long as their is not a fabric cape lol.
Infinite GLORY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 04:46 PM   #23
omigeo
Alpha Flight

i must say that Thor does look awesome, but do any of you find that these small statues are made of polystone?
Cause I sure don't. From the 2 purchases I made sometime back, they were light weight and felt like a plastic or PVC maybe.. That's why I stopped buying them. Prices are also on the high side for such a small statue that dont seem to be made of polystone to me.
omigeo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 06:34 PM   #24
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
i must say that Thor does look awesome, but do any of you find that these small statues are made of polystone?
Cause I sure don't. From the 2 purchases I made sometime back, they were light weight and felt like a plastic or PVC maybe.. That's why I stopped buying them. Prices are also on the high side for such a small statue that dont seem to be made of polystone to me.
I do agree that they are quite light feeling, but you are also talking about something less than 10” in most cases ya know. Plus female sculpts would be thinner. Idk. Definitely not all plastic, i think they cover it on their site for Thors item description.

Quote:
Made in polystone – *(may contain parts in resin, polystone, PVC, metal and fabric)
So who knows what that means lol.
Old 09-24-2022, 11:35 PM   #25
prizzy726
The Spirit

Since no one has posted about this piece, I’d thought I just throw out my thoughts since I received it today. I can understand if someone didn’t get it because of the cloth cape, but it doesn’t bother me too much.

And I must say this Thor is badass. I love it. The sculpt and paints are amazing and the details are incredible. The face turned out great and the base is awesome. It has pretty good presence for a 1/10 too. I didn’t particularly like the Iron Man or the Superman, but I think the “Unleashed” aesthetic worked really well with Thor. I’m kind of considering this a stand-alone piece for now, but if I get a different cap or iron man 1/10 I’ll see how they look together.

My only negative with it is the foot peg isn’t super tight so it feels a little wiggly on the base, but not enough for me to worry.

I won’t get a chance to take pics since I’m leaving town for a week, but I can try when I get home.

So yeah, quick thoughts, in case anyone was considering this piece.
prizzy726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 10:38 PM   #26
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I would've almost gotten this statue if I didn't luckily had the chance to get the first classic comic 1/10 IS made. So I went for that one instead.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 09:01 AM   #27
sluysken
Fantastic Four

cape cloth = no money
sluysken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 10:36 AM   #28
Infinite GLORY

This has grown on me a little bit. At the right price I will prolly pick it up.