Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-04-2021, 08:54 AM   #31
adee
Green Arrow

I've always known of him but I've never read anything with him in it or know much about his back story. I may do some research before seeing it or I may just go in fresh, undecided.

I've always loved kung fu movies so mix that with Marvel and I'm in. Hoping we see the mcu Iron Fist at the end.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 11:22 AM   #32
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I've always known of him but I've never read anything with him in it or know much about his back story. I may do some research before seeing it or I may just go in fresh, undecided.

I've always loved kung fu movies so mix that with Marvel and I'm in. Hoping we see the mcu Iron Fist at the end.
Looking at the trailer, the fight between Mandarin and a green and yellow clad warrior might be an earlier Iron Fist.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 06:24 PM   #33
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Looking at the trailer, the fight between Mandarin and a green and yellow clad warrior might be an earlier Iron Fist.
Yep I think it is, which is why I thought maybe they’d introduce Danny Rand at the end.

Maybe not, maybe they want to give him his own full introduction but seeing all the mythos connected and hearing they got rid of the Netflicks guy makes me think there’s a chance.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 07:25 PM   #34
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Yep I think it is, which is why I thought maybe they’d introduce Danny Rand at the end.

Maybe not, maybe they want to give him his own full introduction but seeing all the mythos connected and hearing they got rid of the Netflicks guy makes me think there’s a chance.
The last rumors I heard were they were keeping Cox and Ritter as Daredevil and Jessica Jones and moving them into the MCU with altered storylines and starting over with Danny Rand and Luke Cage, even though I think Mike Colter was great.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:05 PM   #35
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
The last rumors I heard were they were keeping Cox and Ritter as Daredevil and Jessica Jones and moving them into the MCU with altered storylines and starting over with Danny Rand and Luke Cage, even though I think Mike Colter was great.
I agree...I thought Mike Colter was great too as Luke Cage. I just want to see them power him up just a little bit more.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 11:37 PM   #36
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Aw man, Colter was great. Wonder why they weren’t as pleased with him as the other two? I liked all three a lot and will be happy seeing them in the MCU.

Maybe Disney has another character in another franchise with Colter in kind?

Either way - I hope these rumors end up being true
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 11:55 PM   #37
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Aw man, Colter was great. Wonder why they weren’t as pleased with him as the other two? I liked all three a lot and will be happy seeing them in the MCU.

Maybe Disney has another character in another franchise with Colter in kind?

Either way - I hope these rumors end up being true
I think with Charlie Cox, he just is Matt Murdock at this point the guy was so good with his portrayal especially as being blind. Kristen Ritter is also amazing as an actress.

I think Mike Colter is signed on for at least another season or two of Evil and has other projects, so maybe that's an issue. Also while I love Colter as Cage, his Cage was sort of an everyman, very approachable. Reading the comics Luke is a kind of scary guy, maybe they want someone who embodies that more.
Old 05-05-2021, 01:44 AM   #38
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

How about Kingpin ? Will Vincent D'Onofrio go on being Kingpin ?

Kingpin is my favorite Marvel villain since i'm Chuby. Chuby and fat people should support each other.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 02:22 AM   #39
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
How about Kingpin ? Will Vincent D'Onofrio go on being Kingpin ?

Kingpin is my favorite Marvel villain since i'm Chuby. Chuby and fat people should support each other.
That's the weird part, there's been no rumors about D'Onofrio. I don't see how since the guy did such an amazing job and, I at least, can't see anyone else in that role.
Old 06-25-2021, 02:22 AM   #40
Shoo
The Enchantress

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote