Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-14-2022, 04:49 PM   #31
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwork463 View Post
Og hulk was around 200$ back then, and it had comparable level of sculpt detail and paint application to a current release, the quality has not nearly increased proportionally to the price of the product.
The way you're justifying the ridiculous inflation is exactly the trick these companies use to get away with slowly raising the prices, and because people chalk way too much up to artistic interpretation of value. People will happily consume while simultaneously feeling borderline embarrassed because in the back of their head they know what they're buying isn't actually worth nearly what it was sold for.
We need to stop decieving ourselves and just admit we are happily being robbed by these companies if we decide to buy their products, at the very least, just admit it to yourself.
Frankly, I don't care if the statue companies make 5% or 50%. I, like most consumers I hope, will choose to spend my money on a piece if the piece is done well and if I feel the price is fair. If those criteria aren't met for me, then I won't buy it. This is a hobby. No one is making me buy statues. I guess if I am being "robbed" on the 1-2 pieces I buy a year, then so be it.
Iko Iko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 05:11 PM   #32
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Frankly, I don't care if the statue companies make 5% or 50%. I, like most consumers I hope, will choose to spend my money on a piece if the piece is done well and if I feel the price is fair. If those criteria aren't met for me, then I won't buy it. This is a hobby. No one is making me buy statues. I guess if I am being "robbed" on the 1-2 pieces I buy a year, then so be it.
Yup, only we ourselves can determine if what we are buying is worth it. I’m currently mostly in on a large chunk of Queens MCU Life size busts, 1/4 scale pieces and a select few of their 1/2 scales too. While their pieces are considered pricey, they are worth it to me otherwise I wouldn’t waste my hard earned money on them.

I’ve currently only got a few Prime 1 pieces on order, as I’m not confident on their quality anymore.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 06:06 PM   #33
clockwork463
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I guess if I am being "robbed" on the 1-2 pieces I buy a year, then so be it.

Lmao have it your way. Enjoy your 5k average for 1/3s in a year or two.
clockwork463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 06:10 PM   #34
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

If it's getting too much for these pieces, then don't buy them. Companies aren't going to just suddenly lower the prices on all these pieces, if they continue to sell at the same clip. When people deem the juice isn't worth the squeeze, they'll stop buying them. The "have it your way" comment is unnecessary, have it what way? It's not like we set the prices, the companies set the prices and we as collectors either decide it's worth that money, or it isn't. There's no having it any other way....
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 06:16 PM   #35
clockwork463
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.
Uhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
don't buy them.
This was it summed up
clockwork463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 08:12 PM   #36
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:

Believe me, if a 1/3 is $5k, I will have already left the hobby by then. I am getting close to leaving now with where the prices are. Again, this is a fun hobby for me.

And just to be clear, the price increases are annoying so I understand your frustration.
Iko Iko is online now   Reply With Quote