Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-15-2022, 07:36 PM   #281
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
I rather risk it and end up glueing a toupe on styling that then leaving it as is.
I want to see this version
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 07:48 PM   #282
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
I want to see this version

Well im.not trying to do that. Honestly I don't think I'll have too. I like the sculpt too.

But tell me this isn't a glued on wig?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-qQo

Terminator T-800 1:1 Lifesize Arnold Schwarzenegger Police Station (YouTube that. They're cutting my link)
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 07:21 AM   #283
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
It's a pretty rad piece. Impressive sculpt, detail and size.

Why were you disappointed with yours?
It's terrible, I much prefer the old HCG 1/2. Yes the details are better, but everything else is a joke. The pose is nothing like the proto and looks more like it is about to fall over, not the menacing pose of the proto. It also feels like super cheap plastic, very fragile and not well made at all. I had a lot of breaks and bad fitment on some pieces(as well as weak magnets) and a factory repair that was horrible(I assume from the weak magnets letting an arm fall). I think there was more too, but I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 08:30 AM   #284
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
It's terrible, I much prefer the old HCG 1/2. Yes the details are better, but everything else is a joke. The pose is nothing like the proto and looks more like it is about to fall over, not the menacing pose of the proto. It also feels like super cheap plastic, very fragile and not well made at all. I had a lot of breaks and bad fitment on some pieces(as well as weak magnets) and a factory repair that was horrible(I assume from the weak magnets letting an arm fall). I think there was more too, but I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.
Sorry to hear man, sounds like you got one with many QC problems, that's a bummer. The arm magnets on mine are pretty strong. I do agree on the plastic parts, the hands and feet, they went cheap there. The lean is pretty inconsistent, the initial batches were all over the shot (and it sounds like you got a really bad one). Some were better than others but none were perfect, not until months later on the last remaining batches. I got a relatively good one, not prototype height but within acceptable measure. I did see one just about as tall as the proto, strange enough the side profiles looked worse, lacked the menacing aggression. Though both front and rear profiles looked better. My biggest gripe is still the teeth, it's a little too small and too neat. The weakest part of the statue imo, yet they got the teeth right on the proto
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 10:51 AM   #285
Halcyon
New Republic

Talking

Quote:
Me too. I think it can though.

Just want to see someone try to style it.

Its like they just bring it out of the box and go... Here it is guys!

That hair needs to be played with.

I'm putting full Clippers to it and pulling some hairs out to fix the hair line.

I rather risk it and end up glueing a toupe on styling that then leaving it as is.

But before you all going ahead with sissors.
Imo Save way to test some other hairdo, is by using some tight hairnet over it (pulled towards front during placement) for one or two days and then see if it stay more side and downwards. Then you can always go play barber.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 08:12 PM   #286
Biggunz
Loki

I can fix this!

TRUST ME
Old 05-16-2022, 08:41 PM   #287
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
I can fix this!

TRUST ME
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 12:08 AM   #288
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Sorry to hear man, sounds like you got one with many QC problems, that's a bummer. The arm magnets on mine are pretty strong. I do agree on the plastic parts, the hands and feet, they went cheap there. The lean is pretty inconsistent, the initial batches were all over the shot (and it sounds like you got a really bad one). Some were better than others but none were perfect, not until months later on the last remaining batches. I got a relatively good one, not prototype height but within acceptable measure. I did see one just about as tall as the proto, strange enough the side profiles looked worse, lacked the menacing aggression. Though both front and rear profiles looked better. My biggest gripe is still the teeth, it's a little too small and too neat. The weakest part of the statue imo, yet they got the teeth right on the proto
Yes. I got a bad example, but even without those issues it was still not worth keeping. The pose is what sold me initially, and I don't mean it was leaning, that is another issue I know many had. I mean it's legs were not in the correct position to replicate the look from the proto(and none I have seen in pics do either), it was just badly designed I think. You can just tell how poorly things were assembled and how cheap it feels.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 10:31 PM   #289
Biggunz
Loki

I would imagine a few more collectors should be getting theirs any day now.

More pictures popped up on facebook.

Its looking better.

Need more videos and a brush.
Old 05-24-2022, 03:48 AM   #290
Dundee
Hydra

There's an unpacking video from prime 1 studios on YouTube. Also batman collector video too.

The prime 1 video the head is strangely tilted on an angle and the BD eye is cut way too big, still visible with the glasses on, if I got one like that I'd return it for a replacement, glasses is meant to cover the entire BD eye. Tilted head could be to do with incorrect peg alignment or cut. The head should sit forward, the tilt throws off the entire statue.

Batman collectors one look fine, doesn't have these QR issues.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote