Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 12-13-2023, 07:07 AM   #891
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Studios Collectibles
Gear up for a thrilling end to 2023! Queen Studios and INART are heading to the Beijing WF, showcasing our latest collectibles and Collectible figures.

📅 Date: 12.23-12.24

📍 Location: Beijing Shougang Exhibition Center - Hall 5

🛍️ Booth Number: 5A-24

Stay tuned for exciting reveals!
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 08:02 AM   #892
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Studios Collectibles
If you find yourself needing to store your silicone collectibles in their boxes for a while, our comprehensive guide is a must-read.

Learn valuable tips to ensure your precious items stay in pristine condition.
Spoiler

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 09:39 AM   #893
pdenham
Teen Titans

So what exactly are the risks with long term storage?
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 09:51 AM   #894
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
So what exactly are the risks with long term storage?
They recommend not storing for more than 1/2 month! Yet, their pieces sit in a ship's container for about 3 months coming from China to Europe.....

This sounds like pointless noise to draw attention to a nothing point.

I mean, logically, how can storing your bust / statue in its original box be any better or worse than displaying it?

I would just use common sense, and store it according to the same principles you would apply to displaying it.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 10:47 AM   #895
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I mean, logically, how can storing your bust / statue in its original box be any better or worse than displaying it?
Chemistry was not a subject I took in HS, so concepts like out-gassing are things I've only picked up off hand and don't fully understand.
I seem to recall someone here suggested there might be something similar going on with the silicone and there was a good reason to expose it to air, and let air circulate around it as soon as you got it.

Or something like that.

I've had my Alita bust out of the box and displayed for only two weeks since I got back in May last year.
It's been boxed up and untouched for the last 12 months- until just now because I freaked out seeing Shoo's post.

There are some patches on the face were there is an oily shine- but that seemed to have been the case when I originally got it.
It didn't look like the plastic bag had any more residue where it was coming into contact with the silicone, than it had originally either.
It looks like it was still holding up.

(fingers crossed)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	alita1.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	283.6 KB
ID:	166685   Click image for larger version

Name:	alita2.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	249.6 KB
ID:	166686  
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 11:18 AM   #896
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Chemistry was not a subject I took in HS, so concepts like out-gassing are things I've only picked up off hand and don't fully understand.
I seem to recall someone here suggested there might be something similar going on with the silicone and there was a good reason to expose it to air, and let air circulate around it as soon as you got it.
The container boxes are not air tight. That said, logically, exposing your statue to regular "atmosphere" will have a much bigger impact on your statue than the environment in it's box.

Another thing to consider, people who display their pieces in a glass cabinet - will have a different exposure profile to those who display on a shelf out in the open.....the cabinet would be closer to the boxed environment then the open display.

So long story short, I would say don't worry about it. If these busts and statues are going to crumble to dust, storage in a box, display cabinet or open shelf, isn't going to change that outcome.

These silicone are employed in the most abrasive working environments from construction projects and the food industry, not to mention the medical arena. They don't biodegrade like plastics, or other materials and the material producers say they'll last around 45 years under those conditions - so, honestly, the way we treat our collectibles compared to those traditional operating environments - we've got nothing to worry about.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 10:08 PM   #897
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
John from Queen was on a Youtube stream last night and said the statue side of the business has slowed down. With that being said, he said a new 1:1 Iron Man will be announced this week and the next 1/3 Marvel piece will be up for preorder in March (with 3 more planned for preorder in the rest of the year - 1 per quarter).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
It’s too bad there’s no mention of any busts or 1/2 scales. I really wanted a 1/2 scale Infinity War Thor.

And even though I preordered the 1/3 Mark 7 (which I may or may not regret), I’m not sure I’ll get anymore in that scale. Though if the rest are truly based on that moment they all assemble in the Avengers movie, I’ll probably still be somewhat tempted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I think he said 1/2 is off the table for now. Busts are still on the table - I think he said they may still do a War Machine and the hosts were pushing for a Hawkeye.
That’s a pity.

I know they’ve been mentioning a War Machine bust for about a year now, but I’m likely to skip that one. I think the only ones I would probably want are a Star Lord or Black Panther, both unmasked.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 08:25 AM   #898
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
That?s a pity.

I know they?ve been mentioning a War Machine bust for about a year now, but I?m likely to skip that one. I think the only ones I would probably want are a Star Lord or Black Panther, both unmasked.
Have you got a link to the stream?
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 10:07 AM   #899
qz33
Doctor Doom

War Machine YES!!! Still waiting on their War Machine.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 02:44 PM   #900
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
Have you got a link to the stream?
Look up Chasen Collectibles on Youtube and you'll see it. It was the 2/3/24 show.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote