Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-23-2021, 04:55 PM   #1891
deadpoolredsuit
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Welp, have an issue. The head doesn’t sit flush in the neck seam and it’s pretty noticeable.
Sorry to hear that. Get in touch with Sideshow CS ..be warned, they might tell you it's 'normal' or bribe you with $40
This is one of those pieces i got lucky with. My Dejah Thoris turned out perfect, bar her floating foot.
deadpoolredsuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 05:09 PM   #1892
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljspiper View Post
I had a similar issue on Dejah Thoris (which I received on 5/21/21):

You can see the large-ish gap between the head and neck.

I contacted Customer Service, they were very helpful and sent a replacement head which fixed the issue. There's still a small visible gap, but no worse than what I see in other pictures.

I've noticed that viewing angle makes quite a difference - looking downwards at the figure emphasizes the gap. For a better viewing experience, set the statue at eye level or higher.
Yikes, that pic is before the replacement head, right?
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 05:33 PM   #1893
ljspiper
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Yikes, that pic is before the replacement head, right?
Yes, that's the 'bad' head; they replaced it and let me keep the 'old/bad' head as well; I have to figure out what to do with it!
ljspiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 07:29 PM   #1894
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljspiper View Post
Yes, that's the 'bad' head; they replaced it and let me keep the 'old/bad' head as well; I have to figure out what to do with it!
Ha! I love this statue so much, I have wracked by brain trying to figure out who I could have her customized into, just to buy a second one. But with the bare feet and all, I just don't have a good candidate.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 07:41 PM   #1895
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpoolredsuit View Post
Sorry to hear that. Get in touch with Sideshow CS ..be warned, they might tell you it's 'normal' or bribe you with $40
This is one of those pieces i got lucky with. My Dejah Thoris turned out perfect, bar her floating foot.
If they try and sell me on the its normal, I'll reply its not and if they stand strong, I'll just return it. Pretty easy, but annoying possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Ha! I love this statue so much, I have wracked by brain trying to figure out who I could have her customized into, just to buy a second one. But with the bare feet and all, I just don't have a good candidate.
I have my second ordered and know exactly what I'm doing with her! I'm just waiting to have them both in hand so I can judge which is the best and needs to stay Dejah and which could benefit from a repaint and some customization.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 05:32 PM   #1896
Skorpius
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

This is probably the only statue I'd be willing to splurge on from Sideshow. As much as I like the J. Scott Campbell version, I cannot spend what people are asking for on ebay. For those who did purchased this statue, about how long was the wait?
Skorpius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 07:28 PM   #1897
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpius View Post
This is probably the only statue I'd be willing to splurge on from Sideshow. As much as I like the J. Scott Campbell version, I cannot spend what people are asking for on ebay. For those who did purchased this statue, about how long was the wait?
I pre-order Dejah almost two years ago and was lucky enough that I got one from the first batch.

Right now, they are working on the 2nd batch, and there are still some collectors that pre-order waiting for their Dejah. I say at least 2 or 3 months if you order her now.
xellos49698 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 01:00 AM   #1898
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
I pre-order Dejah almost two years ago and was lucky enough that I got one from the first batch.

Right now, they are working on the 2nd batch, and there are still some collectors that pre-order waiting for their Dejah. I say at least 2 or 3 months if you order her now.
Two years and ten days.....not that I'm counting
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 04:46 PM   #1899
Skorpius
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
Two years and ten days.....not that I'm counting
Oh wow, they do take their time. Glad I placed my order, I really didn't want to miss out on this statue. From the pix, she is absolutely gorgeous!
Skorpius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 11:33 PM   #1900
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Yep.... mine came in....going back....has the large neck gap....scratches here and there on the body and accessories

Mine has no signs of a return and packed really well from.the factory but has the usual defects reported by other guys here

The neck gap can be fixed with a wad of toilet paper wedged between the hair and neck to tilt the head forward

Might just return this for a refund....not worth my time going back and forth....looks like would be hard to get one without defects
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote