Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-25-2021, 06:31 AM   #71
deadpoolredsuit
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I wonder how large this Black Widow is compared to other 1/4 Black Widow pieces?
Sure the base looks large and raises the piece up. I get the impression it is on the small side of 1/4 similar to the Sideshow X-23 which looks like a 1/5 scale piece.
deadpoolredsuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 07:10 AM   #72
darren1228
Zot

If they are gonna revisit why not at least give her the grey costume? Have the shorthair portrait as the Reg (or EX)... at least have something different.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 07:53 AM   #73
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Pics by Gem Mint:
I may be the only one who sees this, but the pose, it's like she's gonna ride an invisible motorcycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
A big improvement here, finally, eyes with correctly sized irises. A beautiful look.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 10:14 AM   #74
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpoolredsuit View Post
I wonder how large this Black Widow is compared to other 1/4 Black Widow pieces?
Sure the base looks large and raises the piece up. I get the impression it is on the small side of 1/4 similar to the Sideshow X-23 which looks like a 1/5 scale piece.
The PFs are similar poses but I think Black Widow will line up appropriately and proportionately compared to Cap, Scarlet Witch, Taskmaster, etc. I think SS mostly handles scale well, a few exceptions (like old Deadpool PF, he’s super short, or 1st Batman PF overscaled).

X-23 isn’t really on the small side of 1/4, she’s just a short character so proper scaled at any scale she should be tiny compared to everybody else. That’s like saying a 1/4 Hulk or Doomsday look like 1/3 just because they’re bigger than everybody else. She’s always been smaller than Wolverine who’s 5’3”. If her PF was Emma or Jean sized she’d be overscaled.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 11:03 AM   #75
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I think I prefer the tactical suit of the previous PF. At least then it made sense not to have Black Widow's signature collar. With the classic suit I just can't ignore it. Even the movies recognize the open collar as part of Natasha's suit design.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 12:16 PM   #76
Mister H
Gen 13

That’s a good sculpt, I like the face…..it does look like she rippin a big one though.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 11:30 AM   #77
Squirtle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I think she looks fantastic! Face looks beautiful, pose is action packed and draws you in to the story.

I’ve been wanting to start an Avengers collection for a long time but I wasn’t happy with the previous Black Widow personally

Now the question is, would she pair better with the new Classic Cap or the old but modern Premium Format - it’s hard to judge as this costume could be considered quite modern looking from the glossiness and Widow’s bite effects but clearly this has been designed to pair with the Classic Cap

Does anyone know when con reveals usually go up for order? Could it be blog post tomorrow and pre-order on Thursday?
Squirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 11:34 AM   #78
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtle View Post
Now the question is, would she pair better with the new Classic Cap or the old but modern Premium Format - it’s hard to judge as this costume could be considered quite modern looking from the glossiness and Widow’s bite effects but clearly this has been designed to pair with the Classic Cap
i think the bullet flashes on the new Widow and Cap really tie them together well. They're on the same mission. I can't wait to display them together.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 11:35 AM   #79
Y3E
Gen 13

This looks like a classic outfit. Look at her belt.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 12:03 PM   #80
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
This looks like a classic outfit. Look at her belt.
Definitely more classic but the high neck zip is a bit of sideshowification I guess
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote