Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 07-24-2021, 10:55 PM   #221
SDguy

Their FB group replied to me saying the back seam will disappear in production, which is why it is photoshopped out of the product pics online. Nice to hear about the base, though it doesn't necessarily mean the are changing what I didn't like But, we'll see... maybe PH is still in my future.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 02:04 AM   #222
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Do it? Don’t do it? Do it? Don’t do it?

After a lot of back and forth I finally pre ordered it. It is a piece that I would regret if I didn’t get it and considering that popular pieces like this do not have a big ES, I think it’s a win win situation.

It is a great piece and I think it’s worth it despite being expensive.

It’s going to be a long 12 months
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 09:56 AM   #223
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmdel View Post
Do it? Don’t do it? Do it? Don’t do it?

After a lot of back and forth I finally pre ordered it. It is a piece that I would regret if I didn’t get it and considering that popular pieces like this do not have a big ES, I think it’s a win win situation.

It is a great piece and I think it’s worth it despite being expensive.

It’s going to be a long 12 months
That's cool man! I'm keeping my eye on this PH. It doesn't have an Edition Size and I'd like to see an updated shot of the base before I pull the trigger on it. If the seam is removed in back, that's awesome to hear!

It's crazy how many great statues are all coming out so close together. I ordered the Prime 1 Predator & Big Chap 1:3 Scale pieces and then they had to put this guy up for order... It's getting expensive, but you only live once.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 10:05 AM   #224
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Their FB group replied to me saying the back seam will disappear in production, which is why it is photoshopped out of the product pics online. Nice to hear about the base, though it doesn't necessarily mean the are changing what I didn't like But, we'll see... maybe PH is still in my future.
Thanks for the heads up on that!! You'd think they would of filled it in for the show to make it invincible lol? That could of turned off lots of potential buyers who'll never know that production won't have that seam? Either way, I'm glad they're reworking that base! They should have some separate vines that key into the base for a more atmospheric 3D look and paint the bottoms of his feet a little dirty looking.
Old 07-25-2021, 01:36 PM   #225
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
That's cool man! I'm keeping my eye on this PH. It doesn't have an Edition Size and I'd like to see an updated shot of the base before I pull the trigger on it. If the seam is removed in back, that's awesome to hear!

It's crazy how many great statues are all coming out so close together. I ordered the Prime 1 Predator & Big Chap 1:3 Scale pieces and then they had to put this guy up for order... It's getting expensive, but you only live once.
Well, I think the edition size will be low and I don't want to miss it. My next goal is to find a Lord of Darkness PF which is on top of my list but don't want to pay 1K for it... Patience will pay off

I have CR Superman on order and now Pumpkinhead... things very close to my childhood.... Hopefully a Predator will be in my future
Old 07-25-2021, 02:18 PM   #226
SDguy

Quote:
Well, I think the edition size will be low and I don't want to miss it. My next goal is to find a Lord of Darkness PF which is on top of my list but don't want to pay 1K for it... Patience will pay off

I have CR Superman on order and now Pumpkinhead... things very close to my childhood.... Hopefully a Predator will be in my future
Even with the misses it had in final production, the PCS 1:3 Lord of Darkness is a better piece, IMO. Keep an eye out for that one.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:25 PM   #227
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Even with the misses it had in final production, the PCS 1:3 Lord of Darkness is a better piece, IMO. Keep an eye out for that one.
It is a beautiful piece but I just love that 1/4 scale PF....Just let me know if find one
Old 07-25-2021, 11:43 PM   #228
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

personally I pre ordered this tho also honestly surprised about the folks upset on the price considering its $250 more than the sideshow one ($999.99)when it was released 16 yrs ago.

never paid attention to the base but after hearing they are going to rework it and adjust the details im happy about that.
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 05:57 PM   #229
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

Quote:
I would also love for PCS to offer a stand for the extra head like it is done for Predator.... I rather have it display with the piece than leave it inside the box
Yeah I agree with that. Any statue over a grand should have a head stand. It should be the standard going forward.
Old 07-26-2021, 06:16 PM   #230
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I talked to one of the people from PCS and they thought it was a good idea but they are so busy that they don't know if they can have it in time of release. I hope they do....