Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-25-2021, 01:48 PM   #661
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Hopefully not.

I'll take banners if they're of new characters.

I don't mind revists because I know they sell well for newer collectors but hopefully they got the revisits out of their system with this show.

I say that knowing full well I'm buying at least one of the revisits from this con and I'm swaying towards two.
I might be getting three which is more than I wanted to be interested in.

Wonder if they'll have more horror at Spooktacular. The two Hammer PFs and The Crow PF were a nice surprise. Probably another Iron Studios 1/10 Universal monster by then too.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 01:52 PM   #662
cjacobs83
Justice League

The following statues would have pleased the mainstream and the die hard fans. Why is it so hard?

Marvel
Loki
Vision
Nightcrawler
Black panther
Beast
Iceman

DC
Riddler
Twoface
Penguin
Nightwing
cjacobs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 01:53 PM   #663
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lehecka View Post
Look, I get the need for rehashes. I honestly do. The characters are popular. They’ll sell. But when for your major licenses you ONLY have rehashes? That’s f$@king embarrassing. Full stop. You’re not a company for the fans anymore. Be honest. You want new customers to hit that bottom line. I get it, COVID. But this is where the company was headed before COVID. They become less like that maverick collectible company and more like a behemoth unwilling to take a risk anymore for fear of a bad balance sheet. Either lean in to being true Mavericks like you were even 10 years ago or go full soulless corporate. Don’t try to sell me the veneer of being a company for the fans.

That’s why I’m annoyed.
Preach
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 01:53 PM   #664
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lehecka View Post
Look, I get the need for rehashes. I honestly do. The characters are popular. They’ll sell. But when for your major licenses you ONLY have rehashes? That’s f$@king embarrassing. Full stop. You’re not a company for the fans anymore. Be honest. You want new customers to hit that bottom line. I get it, COVID. But this is where the company was headed before COVID. They become less like that maverick collectible company and more like a behemoth unwilling to take a risk anymore for fear of a bad balance sheet. Either lean in to being true Mavericks like you were even 10 years ago or go full soulless corporate. Don’t try to sell me the veneer of being a company for the fans.

That’s why I’m annoyed.
You know, looking at this, this is why I may order the Weta Zack Snyder Superman right now. That company is at least taking a risk with the license (who else would even venture to produce a 1/4 scale Desaad?).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 01:55 PM   #665
youstolemysn
Fantastic Four

I asked in the live chat what we have to do to get Two Face, Riddler, etc. and SS responded with the suggest a product link. I have no idea if they actually look at those, but I suggested several new characters between DC and Marvel.

Maybe if they get an influx of suggestion emails they'll actually listen?

Last edited by youstolemysn; 07-25-2021 at 01:55 PM. Reason: update
youstolemysn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 01:55 PM   #666
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacobs83 View Post
The following statues would have pleased the mainstream and the die hard fans. Why is it so hard?

Marvel
Loki
Vision
Nightcrawler
Black panther
Beast
Iceman

DC
Riddler
Twoface
Penguin
Nightwing
Agree. And all of those characters are very reasonable selections and not some batch of obscure characters that only a few fans would want.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 01:55 PM   #667
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacobs83 View Post

Marvel
Loki
Vision
Nightcrawler
Black panther
Beast
Iceman

DC
Riddler
Twoface
Penguin
Nightwing
Because from that list the only one that can potentially get casual collectors to impulse buy at the moment is Loki. And they'd have to get it to look like Tom Hiddleston.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 01:57 PM   #668
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I don't see anyone asking for a Tom Hiddleston Loki. I see people asking for a comic Loki quite often.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 01:58 PM   #669
BurningRage
Inhumans

They still haven’t shown anything from the Clint Eastwood collection they announced.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 01:59 PM   #670
Frayhor
Sinister Six

So if we take the 3 main brands SW, Marvel, DC :
We got 9 (10 with Catwoman, which were not on the booth) rehashs and 1 "new" Batman from the begins movie, if it counts as new. In other words, it is entirely a full recycle of 11 PF...

Bravo Sideshow, that's a new record !
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote