Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-25-2021, 02:37 PM   #41
Destroyous
Justice League

I kind of have a different theory though with Sideshow. I think they like having inventory on their website. I think they like having stuff that stays there awhile that people can look and buy immediately. The average person buying this stuff may be completely turned off when they see that a statue isn’t going to ship for 9 months. Majority of people will want to spend their money elsewhere. If they’re just thinking about getting into the hobby a lot of them will settle for buying something In Stock that they may not like as much as a 9 month preorder. And then on top of it they’ll end up preordering the original piece they wanted anyway later on or once it’s readily available. People tend to spend big chunks of money that they get right away and on something that they can have right away. If sideshow didn’t pump out these characters regularly they’d all be sold out before being shipped out. . . I don’t know just my thoughts. I think they like having a website with statues in stock basically is all it is.
Destroyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 02:49 PM   #42
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyous View Post
I kind of have a different theory though with Sideshow. I think they like having inventory on their website. I think they like having stuff that stays there awhile that people can look and buy immediately. The average person buying this stuff may be completely turned off when they see that a statue isn’t going to ship for 9 months. Majority of people will want to spend their money elsewhere. If they’re just thinking about getting into the hobby a lot of them will settle for buying something In Stock that they may not like as much as a 9 month preorder. And then on top of it they’ll end up preordering the original piece they wanted anyway later on or once it’s readily available. People tend to spend big chunks of money that they get right away and on something that they can have right away. If sideshow didn’t pump out these characters regularly they’d all be sold out before being shipped out. . . I don’t know just my thoughts. I think they like having a website with statues in stock basically is all it is.
That's kind of how I felt about Tweeterhead and XM. First learned about all these cool pieces and... only the "duds" were available. Everything else was sold out or very far away. It's especially discouraging when you've even missed the boat on pre-ordering something that won't ship for a year.

Meanwhile I picked up available Domino and Rogue, then pre-ordered Mr. Freeze right before he shipped. It's a much better shopping experience for a new collector.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:00 PM   #43
spriggan
The Spirit

I like it but as others had mentioned, the head seems too big, but it could be just the camera angle.
spriggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:06 PM   #44
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:07 PM   #45
Hunter Frost
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I’m still torn over this one and the current one. One of the things I’m concerned about with the gargoyle Catwoman are the magnets and how sturdy they actually are. I do t want them to be wobbly loose like my Michelle Pfeiffer one. I’ll probably get both.
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:25 PM   #46
WhistlingTime
Birdman

Quote:
Not to mention their vast international wholesaler network. I'd imagine they can move a good number through that, even without much concern for the immediate collector demand.
I do like this. I think it would've made a nice 1/6 figure but I'm not sure it has enough visual interest to justify the larger scale.

I don't think the head is too out of proportion but the face looks very similar to the current PF, smirk and all.
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:27 PM   #47
gomur
The Tick

Truly disappointed with all the rehashes this year. Where's Mera and Star Sapphire? If you want a retread, then give us a new Deathstroke - the first one set the bar low enough.

Personally, I'm not blown away by the preview pic. The Gargoyle Catwoman feels like the superior piece. Even as a museum statue this one feels boring and "off". Others have pointed to the large head. They may be right, but it also feels like her upper torso is small (boobs, shoulders).

But the expression just feels dull to me. It could be because all her attention is on the jewel instead of the viewer.

Could also be I'm just really really really upset with this year's "offerings".
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:37 PM   #48
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Jesus ----ing Christ. STOP IT WITH THE REPEATS.

It's not even a better costume selection. So tired of the black suit. Couldn't even branch out and at least do the fun Jones look if we are stuck in the gimp suit phase? Also, I think this might be one of the least sexy Catwoman statues they have ever made.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 04:10 PM   #49
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
She looks good but does not warrant another CW in my collection especially with Tweeterhead coming this year. I really would like ssc to make characters that haven’t been made yet. There are so many not done yet and we get another version of the same character.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 04:22 PM   #50
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
I kind of have a different theory though with Sideshow. I think they like having inventory on their website. I think they like having stuff that stays there awhile that people can look and buy immediately.
Between SSAlex, Igo or somebody a few years ago, they said exactly this. The purpose is to always have the most popular characters in stock and have certain pieces available for a while.

Whenever they have new customers there’s always a top tier character in stock.

I wish I could find the quote, I know it exists here somewhere on the forum.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote