Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-24-2021, 02:00 PM   #21
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I just noticed that SSC raised their statue prices almost straight across the board by $5. This goes for stocked and preorder stuff. I don’t think they should be doing this since they already announced the price to begin with regardless if it’s inflation or not. Prices are already sky high. A little sneaky not announcing the increase since the price was once set.
Sure.

But just think how happy you'll be when they make you dance like a monkey in the hopes of getting $2 in free rewards points.

It all evens out.

Sorta.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:01 PM   #22
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Yeah I get it. Not sure I'd call it shady, since it doesn't come off as deceitful... but, if they are raking in money hand over fist as some suggest, why not just apply it to all future offerings?
I didn’t call it shady until North said it. I said it was a little sneaky lol.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:02 PM   #23
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

I said it before when the was brought up a week ago...yes a week ago.

The grocery store has increased at dirtier rate than this in the last 8 months and they don't announce it either.

Even fast food has raised prices across the board.

If the $5 is crazy then stop ordering.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:04 PM   #24
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
It's not sneaky for a business to rise prices slightly! This happens every day at every business. Very few of them bother to tell you about it.

It would only be shady or sneaky if your pre-existing, checked out PO price went up, which they did not.

And I never doubted the $5 price increase, I commented on it a week ago or whenever it happened. Before this, Sideshow didn't jack up all their new PO prices like the others. They might be starting now, but they held off for a really long time.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:06 PM   #25
SDguy

Quote:
Haha, I only quote you but was replying to multiples
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:10 PM   #26
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I said it before when the was brought up a week ago...yes a week ago.

The grocery store has increased at dirtier rate than this in the last 8 months and they don't announce it either.

Even fast food has raised prices across the board.

If the $5 is crazy then stop ordering.
So should stocked items subject to no inflation since cost didn’t go up? Hey in the USA, you have $7.25 as the minimum wage. $5 USA for countries such as India is 1/3 of their daily salary. So yah, $5 to some people in other countries matters.
Old 07-24-2021, 02:14 PM   #27
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
So should stocked items subject to no inflation since cost didn’t go up? Hey in the USA, you have $7.25 as the minimum wage. $5 USA for countries such as India is 1/3 of their daily wage. So yah, $5 to some people in other countries matters.
Oh come on, people on minimum wage or making $15 in India probably aren't buying a $600 Catwoman PF!

Inflation hits personnel costs, marketing, warehousing, shipping, etc., so yeah it probably should. This is telling you the business as a whole got more expensive, not the Rogue sitting on a warehouse shelf.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:15 PM   #28
Philintheblank

Quote:
So should stocked items subject to no inflation since cost didn’t go up? Hey in the USA, you have $7.25 as the minimum wage. $5 USA for countries such as India is 1/3 of their daily wage. So yah, $5 to some people in other countries matters.
If you're spending this kind of money on this kind of product then $5 probably doesn't matter much to you. In any case, I wouldn't call this shady...
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:16 PM   #29
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Ever hear of dealer markup? You get this mad when your LCS marks up a hot book over cover price when you didn’t buy it when you had the chance for cover price or less? This isn’t shady. It actually speaks to how out of control production costs must be from a predictability standpoint.

BTW, a month or so ago they raised the price on Jabba on Throne by $50. I pointed that out on the freaks board.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:16 PM   #30
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Oh come on, people on minimum wage or making $15 in India probably aren't buying a $600 Catwoman PF!

Inflation hits personnel costs, marketing, warehousing, shipping, etc., so yeah it probably should. This is telling you the business as a whole got more expensive, not the Rogue sitting on a warehouse shelf.
At the end of the day, all I am recommending to Sideshow is announce they are hiking up the price and any preorders before than wouldn’t be affected. That would had been a proper way of doing business.