Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 02-21-2008, 12:41 PM   #41
Darth Torment
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
i dunno if i'd go as far as to call this Maul "EU" i mean it's not like he's got the robot legs or anything
I love this photo. It is from a graphic novel called Star Wars Visionaries..short stories...

That is Maul after being chopped in half in EpI- he finds Obi Wan in hiding on Tatooine years later and they have a battle there..

I think THIS would have been so cool to use for the movies....keep one villan in the PT rather than "treat of the week" villans with Maul, Jango then Grievous...
This would have accomplished the whole "man to machine" foreshadowing Lucas was attempting with Grievous, and would have kept one of the most beloved PT villans around much longer to develop the character more...having a new villan in each of the PT movies made each film feel very "disconnected and disjointed" in some ways.
Darth Torment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:40 PM   #42
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

One thing that I find curious is the Force lightning in Maul's right hand. Assuming thats what it is. I though only Jedi/Sith Masters of the highest order (the likes of Yoda, Dooku and Palpatine) were capable of channeling that power. Maybe I'm mistaken and someone can clarify but if true it seems a bit out of place on a Sith Apprentice.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:32 PM   #43
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
i dunno if i'd go as far as to call this Maul "EU" i mean it's not like he's got the robot legs or anything
exactly.
glassdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:34 PM   #44
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
One thing that I find curious is the Force lightning in Maul's right hand. Assuming thats what it is. I though only Jedi/Sith Masters of the highest order (the likes of Yoda, Dooku and Palpatine) were capable of channeling that power. Maybe I'm mistaken and someone can clarify but if true it seems a bit out of place on a Sith Apprentice.
Agreed.

Doing an animated Maul CAN be cool, but CLEARLY this one (design) needs to be rethought quite a bit.

For obvious reasons stated and then some....
Old 02-21-2008, 08:33 PM   #45
MrYac
Hercules

well Dooku was as much an apprentice as Maul was, and theres really not much showing he was any better then Maul except that he got more screen time. and i agree Maul should have been kept around longer, he was pretty much the coolest sith in any of the films, way better then Dooku, Palpatine and especilly Vader...but i loved Grevious, or should i say i loved what people who AREN'T George Lucas did with him
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:38 PM   #46
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
well Dooku was as much an apprentice as Maul was, and theres really not much showing he was any better then Maul except that he got more screen time. and i agree Maul should have been kept around longer, he was pretty much the coolest sith in any of the films, way better then Dooku, Palpatine and especilly Vader...but i loved Grevious, or should i say i loved what people who AREN'T George Lucas did with him
Dooku in the animated clone wars was cool!!

Much cooler than in real life!!!!
Old 02-21-2008, 08:54 PM   #47
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Dooku was a Jedi Master before becoming Palpatine's apprentice though. He was Yoda's Padawan and Qui-Gon's Master so I'd say he was much more accomplished than Maul.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:54 PM   #48
HelloKinky
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Well I could always do it in Jedi Knight and Knights of the Old Republic games so maybe anyone can too Just not as powerful mhm
HelloKinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:25 PM   #49
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdancer View Post
Dooku in the animated clone wars was cool!!

Much cooler than in real life!!!!
EVERYBODY was cooler in the animated, hell they even managed to make me not completly hate the scenes that had Anakin in them...and thats saying a lot
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote