Old 03-19-2021, 12:55 PM   #231
Bangkok_wolf
Fantastic Four

Thanks for the update, GrumpyBear.
Bangkok_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 01:15 PM   #232
Frankierock
Omega Red

Man this statue is really very tempting. What to do, what to do.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 01:50 PM   #233
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Man this statue is really very tempting. What to do, what to do.
Pull that trigger brother. Do it. Do it.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 08:55 PM   #234
BigWhammo
Fantastic Four

Finally pulled the proverbial trigger myself. Grumpy Bear's pics did me in.
BigWhammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 06:36 AM   #235
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangkok_wolf View Post
Thanks for the update, GrumpyBear.
Always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWhammo View Post
Finally pulled the proverbial trigger myself. Grumpy Bear's pics did me in.
I´m not sorry, congrats.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 05:51 AM   #236
Kessiah
A day without sunshine is like... night.

If it really bothers some people that there are no wings on the helmet to make it more "classic", I'm sure there will be customs heads around here and there coming in.
Kessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:55 AM   #237
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessiah View Post
If it really bothers some people that there are no wings on the helmet to make it more "classic", I'm sure there will be customs heads around here and there coming in.
It's more than that. I want the pirate boots, normal star on his back, his normal gloves, black belt, and his shield out front where it can be easily seen. This piece looks fantastic but it's just not the classic Cap that I want.

I know they already released a classic Cap but I just didn't like the sculpt. The same thing happened with XM's OG HULK. I didn't like the sculpt at all. Then XM released the Transformation HULK and I think it's the best licensed HULK statue ever made. I need that kind of leap with Cap. I can't believe I've been waiting about 15 years on a classic 1/4 Cap that I want to add to my collection. The answer is so simple...assign the K bros to sculpt a true classic Cap and let them do their thing.

IMO, there are 3 characters that still need a great 1/4 classic statue made of them (these are characters that have already been released). Cap, Batman, and Deathstroke all need fully sculpted classic revisits. So many collectors are still waiting on a great classic take of those characters in 1/4 scale.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:59 AM   #238
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
It's more than that. I want the pirate boots, normal star on his back, his normal gloves, black belt, and his shield out front where it can be easily seen. This piece looks fantastic but it's just not the classic Cap that I want.

I know they already released a classic Cap but I just didn't like the sculpt. The same thing happened with XM's OG HULK. I didn't like the sculpt at all. Then XM released the Transformation HULK and I think it's the best licensed HULK statue ever made. I need that kind of leap with Cap. I can't believe I've been waiting about 15 years on a classic 1/4 Cap that I want to add to my collection. The answer is so simple...assign the K bros to sculpt a true classic Cap and let them do their thing.

IMO, there are 3 characters that still need a great 1/4 classic statue made of them (these are characters that have already been released). Cap, Batman, and Deathstroke all need fully sculpted classic revisits. So many collectors are still waiting on a great classic take of those characters in 1/4 scale.
I'm a classic Cap fan too, but his old costume just doesn't hold up anymore. They made a joke out of it in the MCU, and it's pretty hard to find a recent comic version where he's wearing the winged helmet. I think the ultimate costume is bad ass and I don't think I ever even read the comics when he was wearing it. This version has everything I could want in a Cap statue and has incredible detail. I am in!
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 10:06 AM   #239
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
I'm a classic Cap fan too, but his old costume just doesn't hold up anymore. They made a joke out of it in the MCU, and it's pretty hard to find a recent comic version where he's wearing the winged helmet. I think the ultimate costume is bad ass and I don't think I ever even read the comics when he was wearing it. This version has everything I could want in a Cap statue and has incredible detail. I am in!
I've got nothing bad to say about this Cap. It's a phenomenal statue and I totally get why someone would buy it. I have zero issues with it. I simply want and need a classic Cap for my collection. I have a classic Avengers lineup and not having a classic Cap is a HUGE hole in my collection.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 10:48 AM   #240
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessiah View Post
I mean this isn't even meant to be classic Cap. It's the Ultimate version.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote