Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-23-2024, 11:39 PM   #791
skizzoid
Doh!

I had a couple of the same issues as Phoenixblazes (not sure if my inspection was quite as thorough, but I did give it a good look over to make sure everything was okay), and since I bought directly from JND, they were able to provide assistance. I imagine Sugo should do the same (as the communication middleman with JND) since they're the distributor.

For the left arm not sitting flush at the armband, I found out from JND that the left arm detaches there, so it just needs to be pulled out and reattached. I haven't fully tried this yet, so no advice on how much you need to pull to accomplish this.

I did see some paint issues in the armpit area on mine, but it was just isolated to some areas that could only be seen if the arm were moved.

I will say that, as annoying as it was to have to deal with customs forms (a new development for US collectors), I did appreciate the direct customer support as a result from purchasing from them directly.
skizzoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 12:34 AM   #792
Brandon
The X-Men

Thanks for the review! Glad to hear you're still satisfied with it overall.

I wasn't expecting to see such a long list of QC problems. It seems like you may have received a bad sample.

Or maybe the damage occurred during shipping? Hard to imagine it left the factory that way. Considering this is JND's Platinum line, you'd think they would be extra meticulous during the QC process.

Have you tried contacting Sugo or JND? Even though it's sold out, I'm sure they could correct most of the issues you found. It may not bother you now, but if you ever decided to sell it, those issues could hurt it's resale value.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 03:11 AM   #793
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Thanks for the review! Glad to hear you're still satisfied with it overall.

I wasn't expecting to see such a long list of QC problems. It seems like you may have received a bad sample.

Or maybe the damage occurred during shipping? Hard to imagine it left the factory that way. Considering this is JND's Platinum line, you'd think they would be extra meticulous during the QC process.

Have you tried contacting Sugo or JND? Even though it's sold out, I'm sure they could correct most of the issues you found. It may not bother you now, but if you ever decided to sell it, those issues could hurt it's resale value.
No, I haven’t contacted them.

And with regards to resale, I’m not that concerned, as I’ve never sold a single item from my collection in 10 years of collecting. And yet I still waste space by keeping all the boxes, so maybe I do care somewhat…...

Regarding my issues, the silicone issues could’ve happened during transit, as well as that paint rub damage. And the glue problem is what it is, just a lack of glue or use of weak glue.

And about my laundry list, I’ve got a feeling that if I got my hands on anyone else’s, I wouldn’t be surprised if I found some issues on theirs too.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 10:53 AM   #794
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Still waiting for mine from Spec Fiction, has anyone received theirs From Spec or know when they will start shipping?

Going to have to pay for Superman soon and would like Wonder Woman in hand.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 06:56 PM   #795
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
Still waiting for mine from Spec Fiction, has anyone received theirs From Spec or know when they will start shipping?

Going to have to pay for Superman soon and would like Wonder Woman in hand.
They originally said end of March was a conservative estimate, and they expected it sooner. I paid mine off a month ago and nothing yet...
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote