Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-06-2022, 06:00 PM   #28681
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

interesting comments! thats where the ambiguity comes in I think, Im never sure if he was just a sick guy that imagined it all, including his luxurious life, or a real serial killer who killed some of the people but only imagined killing the rest, or if he was even Patrick Bateman at all.

A lot of things they show in the movie dont make sense and make me believe hes imagining at times, like all the business cards saying 'vice president', or the ATM telling him to feed it a stray cat, or the one gun shot blowing up the cop car, or his lawyer at the end not recognizing him as Patrick Batemen or Paul Allen but as someone else entirely.

I've also read theories that he is none of those people but a representation of the psycho that can be in any person, thus the american psycho title and the fact that hes viewed as a different person by different people but never 100% confirmed to be any actual named person. Some people claim it was an 'all a dream' cop out scenario, but the director stated that was not her intention when making the film.

Also the comments from the detective and the lawyer saying that Pat Bateman was in London with Paul Allen at the time, but the detective referring to him as Pat Bateman but the lawyer calling him by a different name and saying that Pat Bateman was a loser...maybe Im just thinking too much about it lol but I've never felt like I had a concrete answer in my mind at least about what actually happened in that movie...which makes it fun for me to rewatch and ponder, similar to movies like the Lighthouse or the Shining
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 09:29 PM   #28682
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Smile - 7/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
interesting comments! thats where the ambiguity comes in I think, Im never sure if he was just a sick guy that imagined it all, including his luxurious life, or a real serial killer who killed some of the people but only imagined killing the rest, or if he was even Patrick Bateman at all.

A lot of things they show in the movie dont make sense and make me believe hes imagining at times, like all the business cards saying 'vice president', or the ATM telling him to feed it a stray cat, or the one gun shot blowing up the cop car, or his lawyer at the end not recognizing him as Patrick Batemen or Paul Allen but as someone else entirely.

I've also read theories that he is none of those people but a representation of the psycho that can be in any person, thus the american psycho title and the fact that hes viewed as a different person by different people but never 100% confirmed to be any actual named person. Some people claim it was an 'all a dream' cop out scenario, but the director stated that was not her intention when making the film.

Also the comments from the detective and the lawyer saying that Pat Bateman was in London with Paul Allen at the time, but the detective referring to him as Pat Bateman but the lawyer calling him by a different name and saying that Pat Bateman was a loser...maybe Im just thinking too much about it lol but I've never felt like I had a concrete answer in my mind at least about what actually happened in that movie...which makes it fun for me to rewatch and ponder, similar to movies like the Lighthouse or the Shining
That's a good analysis of the film. Now let's see Paul Allen's analysis.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 09:57 PM   #28683
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
That's a good analysis of the film. Now let's see Paul Allen's analysis.
I met him for drinks at Dorsia last week. I asked him about it, but he cut it short. He had to leave. Had to return some videotapes...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 03:43 AM   #28684
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post

Nice analysis. Ofcourse, i am no eagle eye viewer... I only watched American Psycho, one time on my computer so i didn't catch the details, you mentioned.

Obsessing over how good the quality of your bussines card was hilarious. Like that is what matters the most. lol
The Dark Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 05:28 AM   #28685
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Hellraiser - 7/10
Better than many other entries in the franchise, especially the last two. Unfortunately, the movie does little to add to the lore and mythos of Hellraiser over the first two films. Main character (the junkie) was very unlikable. But I guess the movie is some sort of commentary on how addiction harms the people around you. Add just a dash of "the message." The movie went in another direction over the others. I can't say more without spoilers, but it made no sense to me.

The cenobites were grotesque but perhaps a little too clean looking. They needed a bit of slime or glaze on the skin. Pinhead lady was so stylish with her little white beads on the end of the pins.

Terrifier 2 - 6/10
2+ hours of Art the clown.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 08:56 AM   #28686
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) - 5/10
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) - 9/10

I know some might find it sacrilegious to rate a remake higher than the original, but I have to be honest, the 2003 remake is one of my favorite horror movies of all-time. It's scarier than the original, more gruesome, and contains better acting. I also found the remake's Leatherface much more terrifying than the more childish/comical Leatherface in the original.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 09:10 AM   #28687
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) - 5/10
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) - 9/10

I know some might find it sacrilegious to rate a remake higher than the original, but I have to be honest, the 2003 remake is one of my favorite horror movies of all-time. It's scarier than the original, more gruesome, and contains better acting. I also found the remake's Leatherface much more terrifying than the more childish/comical Leatherface in the original.
Haven?t seen the remake and haven?t seen the original in years. Think I?ll do both this weekend.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 09:14 AM   #28688
Mister H
Gen 13

The Wolfman (1941): 9/10
Just about a perfect monster movie.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 10:16 AM   #28689
KLSADAKO
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

School on Fire (1988) - 5/5
This is literally one of the greatest HK movies I have seen, very dark and gripping at the same time..
KLSADAKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 12:23 PM   #28690
protector2814
Phoenix

Rob Zombie's The Munsters 8/10

This movie's really just sort of a love letter to the original 1964 tv show &, I believe it's almost necessary to have watched at least a few of the original episodes to appreciate what Zombie has done here. The wackiness, cartoonish comedy, over the top characters & situations from the 60's have all been transferred to this new take. The cast perfectly impersonates the original actors to a tee. That the guy who directed House of a 1000 Corpses can turn around & direct a screwball monster comedy is impressive. Of coarse, there are Monster-Fan inside jokes & salutes all through.

Werewolf By Night on Disney + 9/10
The 2nd of the two, so far, Halloween released tv movies I've caught. Loved it. As a huge fan of the comics, I was not disappointed. Jack Russelll now resides in the MCU & I couldn't be happier.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote