Old 01-24-2023, 03:25 PM   #11
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
1. Dorohedoro
2. Vagabond
3. Berserk

Not sure on the rest but the top three are definites.
I am on the process of collecting Dorohedoro and Vagabond. Once i have all the vols., i will start to read.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 04:36 PM   #12
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Nice List ! I didn't know you were into manga Protector, cool. (: Is there somekind of doubt about Lone Wolf and Cub being a manga ?

I ordered Tokyo Ghoul box set two weeks ago, it is on its way. (:
Yeah, I like a lot of it. It started with my oldest kid liking Outlaw Star & Sailor Moon on tv. I loved Outlaw Star & Vampire Hunter D, Akira,etc...on DVD so i went ahead & hunted down the books. My son loves Manga & has a nice collection. He turned me on to Jojo & Titan. We've watched all the anime & I've read his books. He lends me what he thinks I'll like. I introduced him to Astro Boy. I have only read the American' Frank Miller Lone Wolf & Cub, that's what I was talking about.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 11:45 PM   #13
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Davidian, have you ever checked out Knights of Sidonia and Aposimz ? the two other complete major Nihei works.

Just picked up the Knights of Sidonia set (master editions). Haven't dived into them yet, but the art is killer.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 07:34 AM   #14
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Yeah, I like a lot of it. It started with my oldest kid liking Outlaw Star & Sailor Moon on tv. I loved Outlaw Star & Vampire Hunter D, Akira,etc...on DVD so i went ahead & hunted down the books. My son loves Manga & has a nice collection. He turned me on to Jojo & Titan. We've watched all the anime & I've read his books. He lends me what he thinks I'll like. I introduced him to Astro Boy. I have only read the American' Frank Miller Lone Wolf & Cub, that's what I was talking about.
That is really nice. I really like that your son lends you his manga. Is there an American Lone Wolf and Cub, written and drawn by Frank Miller ? I have never heard of this before... Frank Miller drew some covers of Lone Wolf and Cub for American Manga Editions as far as i know. The inside of Lone Wolf and Cub is all written by Kazuo Koike and drawn by Goseki Kojima.
Old 01-26-2023, 07:38 AM   #15
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Just picked up the Knights of Sidonia set (master editions). Haven't dived into them yet, but the art is killer.
My final vol. of Knights of Sidonia has arrived, so i started to read. I am 20 chapters in and it is good so far. I have the smaller single vols. btw.
Old 03-28-2023, 11:28 AM   #16
drasgow
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Berserk is my favorite manga. Don't know if I have read enough to have a top 10. I like Goblin Slayer as well. Anyone have any good dark fantasy Manga suggestions?
drasgow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 04:14 PM   #17
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasgow View Post
Berserk is my favorite manga. Don't know if I have read enough to have a top 10. I like Goblin Slayer as well. Anyone have any good dark fantasy Manga suggestions?
I haven't read it myself yet, but manga readers usually suggets Ubel Blatt, if you like Berserk.
Old 10-18-2023, 08:23 AM   #18
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I took a break from Bakuman to read Ghost in The Shell. I am 6 chapters in and man... It was a very hard read, so many information were given about the lore of GITS like the mangaka explained so many technology of the things in his GITS World. I had really hard time reading, it was not like a pleasure read to past the time, but rather it was like studiying advenced robotics techonology or something... lol very tiring.

I am also surprised how mangaka talked about spirituality like he believes in god and spirits etc. Yeah, it says ''Ghost'' in The Shell on the title, but i thought he meant something like consciousness with ''Ghost'' not actual Ghosts and spirits... lol I very much disagree with the mangaka, there are no Ghosts or Spirits of any sort. lol And also mangaka supported the idea of capital punishment and highly resented the advenced countries that forbids it... wow... I also disagree with him here. No one has any right to kill anyone. Executing serial killers is no solution to the problem because those people are mentally ill, it is not in their hands to stop killing. You can't make an example of them for them. They need medical psychatric treatment.

This is actually a reread, i read Ghost in the Shell for the first time in 2003 and i don't remember anything from that read... Back then i was just a kid... I looks like i went with the herd and just praised Ghost in the Shell without understading anything. GITS is no longer one of my favorite mangas... I remove GITS in my top 10 list and add the greatness that is Slam Dunk manga. What an increadible read, it was.
Old 03-07-2024, 03:58 AM   #19
Juhaz
Doh!

1. The Summit of the Gods
2. One Piece
3. Phoenix
4. Buddha
5. Tomoji
6. A Bride's Story
7. Goodnight Punpun
8. Solitary Gourmet