Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-23-2023, 09:37 AM   #21
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Shazam never meeting Black Adam through three films is yet another example of DC not having their ---- together when it comes to films. It's infuriating. I find myself watching all the animated series/films over and over to see the characters and stories done properly.
Sounds like that was the Rock's doing.

The first one was just okay for me. I felt that introducing the whole Marvel family in the first movie felt a little rushed. They should have drawn that out to a second or third movie.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 10:51 AM   #22
Augen
The Hulk

Looks like it bombed badly at box office. Guessing no Shazam or adjacent characters for the next decade.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 11:46 AM   #23
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Sounds like that was the Rock's doing.

The first one was just okay for me. I felt that introducing the whole Marvel family in the first movie felt a little rushed. They should have drawn that out to a second or third movie.
It's the fault of the studio because the first Shazam film was based on a storyline where Sivana and Black Adam were the antagonists (with the climactic battle being between Shazam and Black Adam), but they cut Black Adam out entirely. Then they decided to make a Black Adam film without Shazam, and then release a second Shazam film without Black Adam again. Three films and they still haven't even met? Ridiculous.

I wasn't a big fan of the first film, but it was ok. Haven't watched it again since my first viewing and haven't felt the desire to either. Black Adam was the same. I'll watch Shazam 2 eventually, but like the majority of the DC films, I'll wait until I can stream it. There is zero urgency for me to see any of their films because they consistently do a poor job with the characters and storylines. Decades of reference material and a huge fandom and they just can't get their ---- together. People can ---- on Marvel all they want, but DC should have 100% copied Marvel's method: make individual films to introduce the characters then bring them all together to form the team and fight the big villain. The comics are already produced this way. The characters have their individual books then get together for a team book or crossover. It's not rocket science. The WB, however, prefer to let monkeys throw their ---- at ideas scattered on a wall then they let the monkeys write the films.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote