Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-19-2021, 03:54 PM   #1
Augen
The Hulk

Exclamation Supergirl coming to "Flash" movie

https://deadline.com/2021/02/supergi...dc-1234697190/

EXCLUSIVE: The Young and the Restless Daytime Emmy nominee Sasha Calle has scored the feature role of DC Universe’s new Supergirl. The Boston, MA-born Colombian actress is the first Latina Supergirl ever in DC and was chosen from more than 425 actresses who auditioned. She will make her debut in Warner Bros’ The Flash.

The Flash director Andy Muschietti watched all the auditions and I hear, along with DC Films boss Walter Hamada and the producers, was blown away by the actress’ toughness and vulnerability that she brought to the role.

“I saw more than four hundred auditions. The talent pool was truly amazing and it was very hard to make a decision, but we finally found an actress who was destined to play this role,” said Muschietti, who has a keen eye for discovering talent, in particular all the young actors from the first It movie.

-----------------

For obvious reasons this casting was big news to me. I don't watch soap operas so not familiar at all, but very curious. In terms of appearance question is if she will keep dark eyes and hair or be modified either through practical or computer effects to emulate Kara from the comics.

Anyways, this is assuming the Flash movie does indeed happen, which I feel like been pushed several years already so we shall see.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 03:59 PM   #2
Mister H
Green Goblin

They're going to have all kinds of characters in that movie right?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 04:02 PM   #3
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
They're going to have all kinds of characters in that movie right?
I do not know. I feel like it has been kicked around for years so could go through re writes and all. I honestly don't even know if the DCEU connected is still happening. The Suicide Squad, The Batman, Shazam 2, Aquaman 2, and Wonder Woman 3 are coming, but other than those I don't feel have a good grasp on what the direction is.
Old 02-19-2021, 04:04 PM   #4
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

is the same guy from the JL movie playing Flash in this one? I thought he was the next victim of cancel culture from what I read a while ago
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 04:08 PM   #5
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Well, I do watch the Young and the Restless (have for a few decades-daytime and nighttime soaps are my proud guilty pleasure) and I have to say that this actress is very good. When she first debuted on the show I got the impression that she was an actress that you could see becoming very big. I watched As the World Turns when Julianne Moore made her debut on that show and I remember watching her on that show thinking "This is a very good actress who could end up being very huge" and that is the impression I get from this actress. Her character of Lola is a very strong character that you root for and I have been wondering why we have not seen her lately alot on the show (her character has been pushed to the back burner). I am very anxious to see her in this role.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 04:09 PM   #6
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
is the same guy from the JL movie playing Flash in this one? I thought he was the next victim of cancel culture from what I read a while ago
To my understanding it is the same actor
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 04:12 PM   #7
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
I don't know about his personal life, but same guy according to the link.
Old 02-19-2021, 04:13 PM   #8
Augen
The Hulk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Well, I do watch the Young and the Restless (have for a few decades-daytime and nighttime soaps are my proud guilty pleasure) and I have to say that this actress is very good. When she first debuted on the show I got the impression that she was an actress that you could see becoming very big. Her character of Lola is a very strong character that you root for and I have been wondering why we have not seen her lately alot on the show (her character has been pushed to the back burner). I am very anxious to see her in this role.
Thank you mmk123! Sounds encouraging and being so young she will hopefully have years tog row into the role (solo movie please!) and hope she works as well as Gadot did as Diana.
Old 02-19-2021, 04:25 PM   #9
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I don't know about his personal life, but same guy according to the link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
To my understanding it is the same actor
yeah he had some heat on him for something he did a while ago I can't remember, I guess his cancellation never picked up steam so hes allowed to carry on for the moment

I wonder if this new Supergirl will be a multiverse version of Supergirl? seems like thats something they'll be exploring in this movie
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 04:56 PM   #10
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
yeah he had some heat on him for something he did a while ago I can't remember, I guess his cancellation never picked up steam so hes allowed to carry on for the moment

I wonder if this new Supergirl will be a multiverse version of Supergirl? seems like thats something they'll be exploring in this movie
He was choking a woman in the middle of a store.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote