Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-10-2024, 04:20 PM   #161
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Same.

Except for First Class. I still like that one because I love Magneto and Fassbender.
You didn't like Days Of Future Past? That might be my fave of the Fox films
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 04:42 PM   #162
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Very good show, but I do feel they are really rushing through some storylines that need to be a little more fleshed out.
I don?t disagree agree with this. Remember when we got entire seasons of Dark Phoenix?

I?m wondering if Disney was worried it wouldn?t be a hit and that slow playing things wouldn?t have appeal?

Turns out they couldn?t be more wrong!! We are eating this up
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 05:46 PM   #163
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
You didn't like Days Of Future Past? That might be my fave of the Fox films
Not really. Time travel is usually a dumb cop-out. Time-traveling consciousness is even dumber. Never liked McKellan as Magneto. Don't like Fassbender costume changes made in subsequent movies. Don't like unnecessarily-forced Wolverine-centric plots. Don't like the Sentinel designs. Iceman was never cool. Colossus was never cool. I understand why people like it though - ensemble of mutants and their powers, better looking and better used than in X3.

But it's still second tier for me, with X2. They're ok movies (nothing I care to see again), but not the garbage that is X1, X3, Wolverine Origins, Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix. Haven't seen New Mutants.

Deadpool 1 and 2 are top tier with First Class.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 07:35 PM   #164
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Wow, you hate a lot of stuff about the Fox X-Men I quite liked X1, X2, First Class, DOFP, The Wolverine, and Logan...the rest were either mediocre or worse, but they all had their moments. Well, one X-Men item we do agree on...the Wolverine Berserker Rage statue is doooope
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 09:46 AM   #165
SONICobra
Batman

man this show is awesome but BRUTAL... i realize most of this will more than likely be washed away by Zens favorite time traveling corrections but that still doesnt take away from how these losses feel as theyre happening. crazy show, beautiful animation but as Northern and others have pointed out theyre breezing through these story lines, it feels like house of M would be a one episode thing at this point lol
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 10:07 AM   #166
Augen
Metal Men

Episode 5 was amazing. This show goes at break neck pace at times and you're like "wait, what...what?!?"

Hit me in the feelings for sure this week.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 02:25 PM   #167
neo225
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Episode 5 was amazing. This show goes at break neck pace at times and you're like "wait, what...what?!?"

Hit me in the feelings for sure this week.

Anyone else try and remember the names of the mutants shown during the scenes at Genosha?

I haven't read a book since the Whedon/Cassaday Astonishing X-Men run*, so there were a few I didn't recognize that I'm assuming are newer, specifically the pixie and the transparent one.

*I've been meaning to go back and read the House of X collection, I just haven't had time.
neo225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 03:49 PM   #168
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
man this show is awesome but BRUTAL... i realize most of this will more than likely be washed away by Zens favorite time traveling corrections but that still doesnt take away from how these losses feel as theyre happening. crazy show, beautiful animation but as Northern and others have pointed out theyre breezing through these story lines, it feels like house of M would be a one episode thing at this point lol
Oh great. Haven't watched the show yet, but not looking forward to TT shenanigans.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 03:51 PM   #169
SDguy

Hating TT?... ooof, thats a tough one... should you even be reading comics?
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 04:08 PM   #170
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Oh great. Haven't watched the show yet, but not looking forward to TT shenanigans.
personally speaking i think its easier to give said shenanigans a pass since its a cartoon, but this show is so good (at least up till now) i would still say its worth watching no matter what
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote