Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 12-25-2023, 10:50 AM   #41
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_jedi View Post
https://youtu.be/4Xq_Tt-kUBM?si=rUqqJ29FcWywzBpT

Here's mine. Just arrived 1 day before Christmas. So happy with the end product.
Thanks for the video.

It looks like my assumption that the battle damage was going to be toned down during production was correct (and I think that it might have been mentioned on Art’s YouTube video too). Very much like the Mark 50 BD bust. Of which I don’t really care as I thought it was a tad overdone anyway.

But I’m not sure I totally like how the light up is switched on.

I have the 1/2 scale Mark 85 too, and it has 25 points of light and because it’s powered by a plug, I can switch it all on by remote or by a single button on the base. Whereas with this one, it’s only powered by 3x AAA and in order to switch it on it looks like you have to take the head off.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 02:50 AM   #42
super_jedi
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Thanks for the video.

It looks like my assumption that the battle damage was going to be toned down during production was correct (and I think that it might have been mentioned on Art?s YouTube video too). Very much like the Mark 50 BD bust. Of which I don?t really care as I thought it was a tad overdone anyway.

But I?m not sure I totally like how the light up is switched on.

I have the 1/2 scale Mark 85 too, and it has 25 points of light and because it?s powered by a plug, I can switch it all on by remote or by a single button on the base. Whereas with this one, it?s only powered by 3x AAA and in order to switch it on it looks like you have to take the head off.
Using remote is convenience but only for the arc reactor on the other life size bust statues I have from Queen Studios, right ? And need to maintain the battery of the remote and head as well, still too many to do to just using the head as one 'switch' for all.
super_jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 03:06 AM   #43
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_jedi View Post
Using remote is convenience but only for the arc reactor on the other life size bust statues I have from Queen Studios, right ? And need to maintain the battery of the remote and head as well, still too many to do to just using the head as one 'switch' for all.
I was actually referring that if you have a piece that is powered by a single cable, that you’re able to connect it to your power systems and use whatever associated remote in order to switch it on and off. And that works with the 1/2 scale Mark 85 as all the lights are also powered by a single source, including the arc reactor and head, unlike many of Queens busts.

I essentially connect all my capable pieces to the same system and switch them all on (if I want) at the press of a single button.

Whereas with this Mark 3, you have to take off the head in order to switch it on and off, which is just plain annoying. At worst all you should need to do is press a button or touch sensor on the outside of the piece, and not need to remove anything in order to access that switch. Though obviously in comparison to the horrendous set up for their 1/2 scale Mark 7, it’s a step up, but it’s a step down from the Mark 85.

If possible I may try to connect battery eliminators and run a cable down the back of the head. Though obviously that means I’ll be showing an unsightly cable hanging from the back of the head. Though it might not be possible, as the head should be a tight fit on the neck peg.
Old 12-30-2023, 07:53 PM   #44
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I was actually referring that if you have a piece that is powered by a single cable, that you?re able to connect it to your power systems and use whatever associated remote in order to switch it on and off. And that works with the 1/2 scale Mark 85 as all the lights are also powered by a single source, including the arc reactor and head, unlike many of Queens busts.

I essentially connect all my capable pieces to the same system and switch them all on (if I want) at the press of a single button.

Whereas with this Mark 3, you have to take off the head in order to switch it on and off, which is just plain annoying. At worst all you should need to do is press a button or touch sensor on the outside of the piece, and not need to remove anything in order to access that switch. Though obviously in comparison to the horrendous set up for their 1/2 scale Mark 7, it?s a step up, but it?s a step down from the Mark 85.

If possible I may try to connect battery eliminators and run a cable down the back of the head. Though obviously that means I?ll be showing an unsightly cable hanging from the back of the head. Though it might not be possible, as the head should be a tight fit on the neck peg.
Is there a how to video on how to connect all your light up statues to a single source like that?

Regarding this IM, it's cool, but they all just blend together for me now a days. They need to do something unique with the property. Most people hate the Cinemaquette, but it's still very unique.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 02:56 AM   #45
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Well looks like I was correct and it only took the usual 3-4 months after they started to ship it out before Sugo gets it instock. My guess it’s probably still first batch, but it arrives via slow boat from China.

So I just paid it off, so hopefully I should get it in the next week. It’s times like this I wish I had a larger vehicle so I could just pick it up, as they’re located only 15 minutes away.
Old 02-19-2024, 02:47 PM   #46
pro design
Frackin!

anxious to see your pics!!!
pro design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 09:02 PM   #47
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro design View Post
anxious to see your pics!!!
It was only processed for shipping today. So it’ll be a little while yet.
Old 03-10-2024, 07:36 AM   #48
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

I should’ve posted this awhile back, but I never got around to it (note that the metallic sheen is sometimes more apparent in person, than it is in the attached photos).

I received this piece from Sugo a bit over two weeks ago. It thankfully arrived in one box. Though probably one of the heaviest single boxes I received for a Queen piece. The unboxing and assembly went off without a hitch. Everything fitted together quite easily, with the pieces being the base, nameplate, body, left arm, two right forearms, head and a couple of rear flaps. The left arm is secured with a thick metal pin.

However while unboxing, I found the upper body covered in white dust. For a few moments I feared that something had cracked during transit, but after going over it with a fine tooth comb (using a torchlight), I found not a single thing worth any concerns.

The body sculpt and pose are truly impressive for a somewhat museum, action pose and it looks great from nearly all angles. I current have it on a manual turntable, and I’ve been spinning it around 30 to 45 degrees every few days, so that I can see something new. It comes with two right forearm attachments. One being an open repulsor blast, and the other being a dual rocket launcher arm. I much prefer the look and feel of the repulsor arm (even with the light-up switched off), and will most likely end up using it 99% of the time. Though I’m not even sure the dual rocket launcher is even accurate, as I’m quite sure it’s supposed to be a larger single rocket launcher, rather than the double. Note my rocket launcher is slightly damaged in that it’s missing one of the ‘wires’ that runs under the rockets, but it’s not a big issue.

Old 03-10-2024, 07:39 AM   #49
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Old 03-10-2024, 07:40 AM   #50
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

It has lights up in the head, two hands and the arc reactor. As always the piece looks more alive with the light ups switched on, but honestly I still think it looks great with them switched off. Which is a good thing, as I’m of two minds with regards to how it’s powered and switched on and off. There is no plug in, and it requires 2x AAA batteries which are inserted in the head. Unfortunately the switch is located inside the head, meaning that in order to switch it on and off, you have to continually take the head on and off in order to access the switch. Which of course, increases the risk of causing damage either by accidentally dropping the head or simply damaging where the power terminals connect somehow. I haven’t tried, but it’s likely that a battery eliminator could be of use here, as there’s a bit off give in how the head slots onto the neck; possibly allowing for anyone to run any cables down the back of its neck.

The gold and red paint looks near perfect. When preordering, I considered getting the clean version, but after receiving the disappointing flat matte paint on the life size Mark 7 Bust, I hedged my bets and went for the battle damage version. The metallic red paint is a darker shade, almost burgundy in colour which I believe is accurate, and isn’t the cherry red of the newer suits like the Mark 50 and Mark 85. I have this displayed within sight of my Mark 7 bust, and the differences between the two are so stark that I feel I’ve suffered whiplash.

The battle damage paint is not nearly as extensive as the original prototype, but I was prepared for that as it was mentioned that it was probably going to be toned down on Art’s YouTube preview video on the Mark 3. That said, while from a normal viewing distance the battle damage looks quite solid, however up close in certain sections, in my opinion they could’ve done a better job. And while the location damage is somewhat similar to official screen caps, the paint app battle damage itself can look quite simplistic in comparison. Though I don’t regret purchasing the battle damage version, after seeing the base body paint used, I think chances are that I might’ve been happier with the lower priced clean version.

And as is nearly always the case with Queen Studios pieces, both the sculpt and paint on the base itself is truly lacklustre, and after how good the body looks, the base is truly disappointing, but unfortunately expected.

This could very well be one of my favourite Queen Studio pieces in my collection. I also have their 1/2 scale Mark 85, and I greatly prefer this one over that one. Though I wished it had a similar power function as the Mark 85, as it was all wired up and as such I’m able to switch it on and off with a flip of a switch.