Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 04-20-2022, 04:58 PM   #31
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Have to figure out where to put this. Fortunately close to a year to figure it out. My finger is hovering over the order button.
Old 04-20-2022, 08:17 PM   #32
Strychnine
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I couldn't resist. I have to have it. I've been looking at it all day. I just hope the paint app comes out good, because honestly, I've seen some not so good 1/6th paint apps from Weta in the past. I don't want to have to repaint it, but I will if I have to.
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:00 PM   #33
goatchumby
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Just give me Jennifer Connelly statue. I wish someone would do Jenny from the Rocketeer.
goatchumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 02:48 PM   #34
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine View Post
I couldn't resist. I have to have it. I've been looking at it all day. I just hope the paint app comes out good, because honestly, I've seen some not so good 1/6th paint apps from Weta in the past. I don't want to have to repaint it, but I will if I have to.
Yeah, weren't some of the LOTR and Hobbit statue paint apps nowhere close to the proto?

I sort of recall that happening to one of the Tauriel statues.

Your reminder gives me another factor to weigh about this preorder.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 04:34 PM   #35
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Geez, guys! Some paint apps could have been better for sure, but mostly the paint apps are great on Weta statues. The master collection statues, Bilbo in Bag End, Mouth of Sauron, Eomer... top quality. Can't be compared to some other companies.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 11:40 PM   #36
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
Geez, guys! Some paint apps could have been better for sure, but mostly the paint apps are great on Weta statues. The master collection statues, Bilbo in Bag End, Mouth of Sauron, Eomer... top quality. Can't be compared to some other companies.
Seems like Weta has become the new forum whipping boy for some reason...
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 09:49 AM   #37
dechirico7
The Flash

I pre-ordered. I have loved this movie since I was little and I am a Bowie fan. Had to give in. This will make up for the Chronicle disaster. I am glad they chose to do this scene. I would still be interested in separate characters. Looking forward to Ludo.

Focusing on this line might cause me to drop others. Just have to figure it out, lol.

I did not order Sir Didymus AND Ambrosius yet. Figured I could wait and see how the production pieces turn out. I just hope they don't sell out.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 10:38 AM   #38
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I pre-ordered. I have loved this movie since I was little and I am a Bowie fan. Had to give in. This will make up for the Chronicle disaster. I am glad they chose to do this scene. I would still be interested in separate characters. Looking forward to Ludo.

Focusing on this line might cause me to drop others. Just have to figure it out, lol.

I did not order Sir Didymus AND Ambrosius yet. Figured I could wait and see how the production pieces turn out. I just hope they don't sell out.
That's a risky game. A long time to wait too. Some of the Dark Crystal pieces with similar price and ES sold out prior to release so I can't take the risk.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 01:08 PM   #39
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

I've been debating the risk in my mind as well. We don't have a baseline yet for how many Labyrinth fans exist who also buy figures/statues. Most of the Dark Crystal Skeksis statues were only 400 ES, only the newest one was up to an ES of 500.

There could also be more Labyrinth fans than Dark Crystal fans.

Regardless I have about $200 left to earn to pay for my JND Mera so I'm not quite at the point of being able to preorder anything new. (But I am quite close!)
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 02:04 PM   #40
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_FAN128 View Post
I'm curious if they are slowing down on that. Considering everything else is now released, it's weird to me to think that as far in the future as Q1 2023 I will only be getting Jen and Lore. Who knows maybe Weta has another Skeksis reveal planned. (I wouldn't mind that!)
One never knows with WETA. They are still doing tons of LOTR stuff. Would have the space to properly display all the mystics and skesis, but it would be nice to see 'em all
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote