Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-01-2022, 04:23 AM   #111
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

The gritty sculpt, I was not expecting, is cool, but still not a fan of the pillar of Lightning.

The Joker Base is very Prime 1 of the Sideshow.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 04:23 AM   #112
darren1228
Zot

Looks awesome! The Joker base looks creepy and great. Awesome work by Daniel Bel.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 04:51 AM   #113
Peedi
The Secret Six

Not bad at all but I don’t know.

I’m all for more Batman. And I love that Sideshow did an alternate comic Batman…I’ve been interested in alternate costumes/versions for Batman and Spider-Man for a while now. Lord knows a ton of Batman versions across the multiverse media works for Prime 1.

I think I’d be more hyped for this if I already had a solid “Regular” comic book Batman 1/4. I have the OG PF but it was never that great. The P1 New 52 is probably the best overall comic Batman as far as pose and sculpt, but it’s still New 52 costume. Sideshow has a ton of Movie/TV/Video Game Batmans, I don’t really pay attention to those, I feel they just need to really focus on making “the” comic book Batman 1/4 because they haven’t nailed it yet.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 05:12 AM   #114
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

It's a very dynamic Batman pose, I like it. Too bad I don't collect DC, but I'm sure this will do well.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 06:29 AM   #115
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Sweet. I only wish it had went up for PO before I spent my points. Oh well. I'll have a new Cap and a Batman.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 08:22 AM   #116
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post

I knew he was coming, but did not expect/predict this. Was waiting for a classic Bats for years (still waiting), so did not expect to have any real interest in this SS offering. I was completely wrong, & never happier to be proven so.

What a gritty, dirty, dark, tight, fantastic sculpt! Didn't think Miller's take would fit, & then realized Fck-it(!), as the sculpt is too good to pass, (yeah, funky lightening bolt & all).

And yes, another no brainer for myself, as this seems to be the best representation of the character, & the sculpted cape more than makes up for the bolt.

Bravo Sideshow!

P.S. The more I look, the more I really, really dig. Now as we still wait for the classic version of Bats(?), just give us a dirty, gritty, vein pulsing/popping HULK! Only then, can I finally exhale, & rest a little easier, as the trend seems to be a slowed down production from Sideshow. If the trend holds, (sadly it will), I just pray they go out with great, if few offerings, & we all get what we want, which, judging by recent releases of Storm, Nightcrawler, classic Cap, Juggs, Flash........etc, also seems to be a pattern/trend.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 09:47 AM   #117
SONICobra
Batman

Overall looks really good but that lightning is a deal breaker
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 09:50 AM   #118
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I dont have a problem with the lightning. Maybe because Ive waited for a FM DKR since I started in 2014? But it could be worse I suppose. Could it be better idk, taking into consideration its a support for a seriously dynamic pose it is what it is and Im ok with it.
Now the eyes Im not sure whats going on, unfinished proto?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	56.PNG
Views:	92
Size:	660.2 KB
ID:	145219  
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 09:52 AM   #119
generalszabo

That it appears not to light up is a bit of a deal breaker for me as now batman is casting a shadow on something that is meant to be light - by its very definition
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 09:58 AM   #120
jpuli28

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
That it appears not to light up is a bit of a deal breaker for me as now batman is casting a shadow on something that is meant to be light - by its very definition
Yeah but is Bats the focal point or the lightning? There are going to be some sacrifices when translating 2D to 3D.
LED in the lightning would be cool but how applicable was it in this sculpt?
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote