Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-17-2021, 04:59 PM   #1751
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

For me, statues that don't come with switch outs are an immediate pass. They're so expensive now and switch outs to me really add a ton of value in the ability to switch up the look of them over an extended period of time.

It seems like Sideshow has done this numerous times lately, I wonder if they're trying to condition people to not expect switch outs anymore.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 05:00 PM   #1752
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

For me, statues that don't come with switch outs are an immediate pass. They're so expensive now and switch outs to me really add a ton of value in the ability to switch up the look of them over an extended period of time.

It seems like Sideshow has done this numerous times lately, I wonder if they're trying to condition people to not expect switch outs anymore.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 05:05 PM   #1753
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post

Huh, interesting perspective. I'm a little the opposite, I only like switch outs because it gives me a better chance of at least one portrait I like. If it's a single portrait and they nail it, I could care less cause I can only put one on at a time and the other just sits in the box.

You make a good point on changing it over time though. I'm a fairly new statue collector compared to a lot of the folks on here, I wonder if my opinion will change and be more like yours over time. We shall see
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 05:17 PM   #1754
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:

That's a definite possibility...if you're trying to stay at a certain price point then you're going have to make certain sacrifices. No ex/switch outs might be the wave of the future for SS.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 05:29 PM   #1755
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
Really cheap of Sideshow not to do an exclusive for her.
Sucks not to have options but it hurts them too, I think. Having no Ex eliminates the need to order direct from sideshow. You can pick it up from other retailers without fear of missing out.

I'm sure most non us-based collectors are happy about this as well. They don't have to order direct from sideshow and pay high shipping and VAT just to get a small addition or two.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 05:44 PM   #1756
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:

I think SS is gradually trying to move away from “exclusives”. Probably for various reasons.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 06:06 PM   #1757
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
I think SS is gradually trying to move away from “exclusives”. Probably for various reasons.
I agree. I think they are trying to make sure all sales go through them. Which I’m ok with.

Do wish it had change of head or hands, but it looks great!
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 06:17 PM   #1758
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
I agree. I think they are trying to make sure all sales go through them. Which I’m ok with.

Do wish it had change of head or hands, but it looks great!
Wouldn't that work the other way around? No exclusive, you can buy it locally. So no exclusive, no reason to buy directly through Sideshow
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 06:18 PM   #1759
Frayhor
Sinister Six

I don't understand, by doing that they lose all the non-us cpllectors. It is a waste of money for them, or am I missing something here ?
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 06:53 PM   #1760
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Going to PO down the road, but bummed there's no exclusive.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote