Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Customs Corner

Old 11-04-2022, 03:50 PM   #1
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Custom Blockbuster (Custom 3D Printed) Bust - X-men Marauders Team

This is the next piece in my commissioned X-men Marauders bust line. This one I didn't customize from an existing physical bust, but instead I composed it digitally myself, built a custom base in Meshmixer (learning this stuff was difficult, and I know I'm still whatever is lower than a novice at it), printed, and painted it myself on an Ender 5 Plus.

I added the clothes via hand sculpting, because that was a little bit beyond my digital skillset at present, including hand stitching lines for the seams. My client really likes to have those details on the costumes.

I had some issues with the print along the way, like the undersides of everything were spaghetti monsters and full of voids, and the top of his head didn't print at all the first time, so I had to make some repairs after I printed it.

The beard was mostly unsalvageable in the print, so I sculpted over it by hand and beefed it up. I think it came out nicely.

Also, the client didn't like the belt area I created digitally, so we opted to smooth that area out and make it more like it's part of the base he torso is sitting on.

I painted it in acrylic paints, and used Createx for the awesome spandex glimmer.

I'm very happy with how this set is turning out, which is rare for me, as I'm never happy with my own art.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BlockBuster Debut BannerSmall.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	155425   Click image for larger version

Name:	BlockBuster IMG_9399.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	238.6 KB
ID:	155426  
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 12:18 PM   #2
SONICobra
Batman

very impressive! not that i am very skilled at traditional sculpting but i find digital sculpting even more intimidating. turned out great, congrats!
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 10:42 PM   #3
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
very impressive! not that i am very skilled at traditional sculpting but i find digital sculpting even more intimidating. turned out great, congrats!
Thank you so much! I still have a lot to learn, but 3D printing has been life changing.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote