Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 11-10-2022, 02:11 PM   #291
Kamxam
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Got an e-mail today saying that the ED and Ein Statue was in their warehouse and that they would charge my final payment in 6-7 days and then it would ship to me about a week after.
Kamxam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 04:43 PM   #292
Kamxam
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Got Ed/Ein today. Was in a hurry so sorry for the bad pic. (Is the Definitive version #849)

PC screen and Ed's goggles light up, (Her's is fairly bright green) and it came with a rechargeable battery and a cable to charge it from a USB port.
Kamxam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 04:55 PM   #293
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

F4F is doing a really good job with this line !
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 08:54 PM   #294
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Yeah they really are. I appreciate their dedication to some lines. Even if it takes some time, they care a lot for certain lines and create some really nice consistent products in them. This and the SoulCalibur line are both top notch I'd say.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 08:18 PM   #295
MechWestern
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Just got Vicious. He’s got some oily residue in the paint all over the body.
MechWestern is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 02:51 AM   #296
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechWestern View Post
Just got Vicious. He?s got some oily residue in the paint all over the body.
Well that's great news. I didn't get around to opening mine today. I had major issues with Faye to the point they had to send me two replacements. I can't wait to see what disaster is awaiting me this time.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 02:56 PM   #297
Cmac
Mephisto

Yep, it was in horrible condition. The body is covered in marks too numerous to count and most appear to not be packaging related. I can't believe they let this out of the factory in this condition. The sword arm doesn't fit correctly into the right socket, and the sword itself is warped. The knife arm has a paint mark on it as well. Basically, the whole statue is a complete mess - well the head looks okay as does the bird.

Now I get to see how long it will take for a replacement. Faye was a serious pain. Her base had major scratches all over it and she had marks on her body from bad painting. The gun hand's magnet wouldn't hold. Their replacement had the same scratches all over the base and her body would not fit in the base at all. Then I had to wait almost 4 months for a replacement from China which was finally okay.

I can't wait to be done with this line. I really do like the statues, but the ratio of defects to number of releases is way too high. I understand things break in transit, but none of the issues I've had were related to shipping, but rather factory quality control.
Old 03-29-2023, 03:20 PM   #298
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
Yep, it was in horrible condition. The body is covered in marks too numerous to count and most appear to not be packaging related. I can't believe they let this out of the factory in this condition. The sword arm doesn't fit correctly into the right socket, and the sword itself is warped. The knife arm has a paint mark on it as well. Basically, the whole statue is a complete mess - well the head looks okay as does the bird.

Now I get to see how long it will take for a replacement. Faye was a serious pain. Her base had major scratches all over it and she had marks on her body from bad painting. The gun hand's magnet wouldn't hold. Their replacement had the same scratches all over the base and her body would not fit in the base at all. Then I had to wait almost 4 months for a replacement from China which was finally okay.

I can't wait to be done with this line. I really do like the statues, but the ratio of defects to number of releases is way too high. I understand things break in transit, but none of the issues I've had were related to shipping, but rather factory quality control.

I received my replacement statue and the body was as bad as the first. There were many marks and while some do appear to have happened at the factory, the majority appear to be rub marks from the paper used in shipping.

I don't understand how some people have received this statue without paint issues, but good pieces have appeared online in collector's hands.
Old 05-28-2023, 10:28 PM   #299
prizzy726
The Spirit

F4F has revealed on Instagram that they are doing a new line of 1/8 Bebop pieces and they have been teasing Faye. I think it looks good so far and 1/8 is preferable for me, so I’m interested in these. Wasn’t sure if someone was gonna make a new thread for them, but thought I’d mention em here.
prizzy726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 02:14 AM   #300
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by prizzy726 View Post
F4F has revealed on Instagram that they are doing a new line of 1/8 Bebop pieces and they have been teasing Faye. I think it looks good so far and 1/8 is preferable for me, so I?m interested in these. Wasn?t sure if someone was gonna make a new thread for them, but thought I?d mention em here.
Have they said if they are PVC or resin? They are calling Faye a "statue" but at 1/8 I was still assuming PVC.

EDIT: Just got the email.... she's resin!

And yeah, same here, smaller scale is much preferred. While I love the anime, not enough to devote to collecting 1/4 scale versions of them.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote