Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 12-03-2022, 11:31 PM   #191
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
I would also like to say that the sheer amount of licenses Iron Studios is picking up or already has is ridiculous. The quality i n their pieces has seemed to drop a little and IDK if that's just different factories mass producing these things or a change in art direction or what, but it's not great. They seem to have just become a huge company and lost that magic that made them so special to begin with. Limit your licenses and focus on what you already have.
I agree, take the MK license for example, they show this license on 2019! They dropped 5 statues and since then only 2 PO for 2023... such a disappointment, they can't handle so many licenses, and if is not a Batman or Xmen, the line become forget in the middle of this chaos of licenses, IS is becoming such a Megalomaniac company...
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 08:17 PM   #192
Dr.Jackal
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Does anyone know if Iron Studios at CCXP revealed the DC Comics pieces that were voted last year by the fans. Blue Beetle, Raven, Batman Beyond etc?

Also, did they reveal the next line of DC Comics exclusives for next year? Or have a poll like they always do?
Dr.Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 08:58 PM   #193
Chelseaboy
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Jackal View Post
Does anyone know if Iron Studios at CCXP revealed the DC Comics pieces that were voted last year by the fans. Blue Beetle, Raven, Batman Beyond etc?

Also, did they reveal the next line of DC Comics exclusives for next year? Or have a poll like they always do?
Supergirl and Raven artwork was shown...Raven being particularly well-received by the audience.

Also artwork for larger Batman and Superman pieces was shown.

If you go to the Gotham city sirens 1/10 thread ...third post down you'll see a link to the youtube video and the DC stuff starts at 9 minutes in.
Chelseaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 07:39 AM   #194
Dr.Jackal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelseaboy View Post
Supergirl and Raven artwork was shown...Raven being particularly well-received by the audience.

Also artwork for larger Batman and Superman pieces was shown.

If you go to the Gotham city sirens 1/10 thread ...third post down you'll see a link to the youtube video and the DC stuff starts at 9 minutes in.

Thanks a lot for this! Been looking for a video.
Old 12-30-2022, 08:29 AM   #195
Dr.Jackal

Just watched the video. They always reveal the prototype of the DC statues at CCXP. So the fact that they only showed concept art of just 2 of the 4 DC pieces, tells us they're so overloaded with licensed & pieces, they are not able to reach their deadlines they previously used to make. No mention/poll of the new DC 1/10 Comic line (series 8) is also disappointing.

Also, I'm a bit worried they might scrap the Blue Beetle Comic statue (voted by the fans last year) & only do the movie version, since that's coming out next year & they have the license for all DC movies. I hope they don't do that, but it's a doubt in my mind now.
Old 12-30-2022, 09:48 AM   #196
Chelseaboy
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Jackal View Post
Just watched the video. They always reveal the prototype of the DC statues at CCXP. So the fact that they only showed concept art of just 2 of the 4 DC pieces, tells us they're so overloaded with licensed & pieces, they are not able to reach their deadlines they previously used to make. No mention/poll of the new DC 1/10 Comic line (series 8) is also disappointing.

Also, I'm a bit worried they might scrap the Blue Beetle Comic statue (voted by the fans last year) & only do the movie version, since that's coming out next year & they have the license for all DC movies. I hope they don't do that, but it's a doubt in my mind now.
Yeah they're definitely doing so many licences now that they're getting behind with not only the announcements of new statues from the original lines,but also the delivery of announced statues.

I was chatting with Infinity Glory about this regarding the X-Men v Sentinels diorama,with eight previously announced pieces still to be produced and the artwork for just one new piece being shown.

I only collect the comic version statues,i'm not interested in movie versions,so like yourself i hope they're still going to do a comics version Blue Beetle.
Chelseaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 02:41 PM   #197
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Anyone know if Iron Studios has cancelled their "inside iron studios" days? We are almost at the end of January and not a peep on their socials. Usually it's announce a few weeks prior.

A real shame if they are. I looked forward to seeing new reveals and getting hyped.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 05:30 PM   #198
SickleClaw
Justice League

Quote:
Anyone know if Iron Studios has cancelled their "inside iron studios" days? We are almost at the end of January and not a peep on their socials. Usually it's announce a few weeks prior.

A real shame if they are. I looked forward to seeing new reveals and getting hyped.
Well I checked and they said there will be a 'focus' day on their instagram.

"ironstudios
Verified
Tomorrow we'll have some news around here... 👀

If I were you, I would keep an eye out and don't miss a thing!

Tell us: What do you think is coming around?

#ironstudios #focuson #worldstocollect"
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn4fS0lyZ8h/

so that looks promising.
SickleClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 09:09 AM   #199
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickleClaw View Post
Well I checked and they said there will be a 'focus' day on their instagram.

"ironstudios
Verified
Tomorrow we'll have some news around here... 👀

If I were you, I would keep an eye out and don't miss a thing!

Tell us: What do you think is coming around?

#ironstudios #focuson #worldstocollect"
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn4fS0lyZ8h/

so that looks promising.
A "focus" day? WTH. If they were going to cancel inside iron studios day or weren't happy with the results I wish they would have said.

On the other hand, as long as we get new product reveals to keep the hype train going that's fine with me.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 12:36 PM   #200
SickleClaw
Justice League

Quote:
A "focus" day? WTH. If they were going to cancel inside iron studios day or weren't happy with the results I wish they would have said.

On the other hand, as long as we get new product reveals to keep the hype train going that's fine with me.
Looks like throughout the day. So far they put a pinocchio one and a darth vader one up as 'reveals' idk how new either of them are.

Here's the vader on throne anyway. https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn7Eaw2rZ1N/
SickleClaw is offline   Reply With Quote