Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-30-2022, 12:48 AM   #71
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

It was enjoyable - I have to say that I liked it a lot

it flashes from various points in time in their relationship and it was a little confusing at first but it was easy to follow once you got into it. I actually think that it would read better in one sitting.

Also, I do wonder when Tom King was fired from Batman he was going to issue 100 focusing on Batman and Catwoman. I wonder how much of he changed from what was originally planned form his Batman run to what was produced in the mini series.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 10:15 PM   #72
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
It was enjoyable - I have to say that I liked it a lot

it flashes from various points in time in their relationship and it was a little confusing at first but it was easy to follow once you got into it. I actually think that it would read better in one sitting.

Also, I do wonder when Tom King was fired from Batman he was going to issue 100 focusing on Batman and Catwoman. I wonder how much of he changed from what was originally planned form his Batman run to what was produced in the mini series.
I?m going to pick it up, would have already but I?m past the single issue buying days. I mostly like his writing and he?s nice in person. Being able to focus on this story is probably for the best, instead of dragging it through 30 issues or whatever he had left.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 02:02 PM   #73
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

I can’t stand Tom Kings writing. Trying to read Heroes in Crisis was a chore. It’s like, nobody talks this way Tom, WTH? Same for his run on the Batman series. The only reason I bought HIC was because of Clay Mann’s art, which was phenomenal, just like in the Batman Catwoman series. I’ll buy that one too and see if the writing is better, but really, I’m going to pick it up because of the art.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 08:19 PM   #74
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

The art is great, I just finished reading batman/Catwoman and there was a lot to like about it, some of the writing I really enjoyed too. Am just not sure if it was good enough to make me want to drop big bucks on this statue. I felt the story got lost a bit and the art also sucked at parts, when they used other artists. I'm also over the whole bat/cat thing, it's never the same when they get together. It's the will they/ won't they of Ross and Rachel, Miles and daphne etc, and after they do, it's pretty dull
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 11:50 PM   #75
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
The art is great, I just finished reading batman/Catwoman and there was a lot to like about it, some of the writing I really enjoyed too. Am just not sure if it was good enough to make me want to drop big bucks on this statue. I felt the story got lost a bit and the art also sucked at parts, when they used other artists. I'm also over the whole bat/cat thing, it's never the same when they get together. It's the will they/ won't they of Ross and Rachel, Miles and daphne etc, and after they do, it's pretty dull
I think Clay Mann is fairly slow, not the first limited series where other artists have had to fill in.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 02:58 AM   #76
generalszabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
I think Clay Mann is fairly slow, not the first limited series where other artists have had to fill in.
Definitely, and it always annoys me when it happens lol

The more detailed accurate the artist is, the longer it can take. That's why I hated the rushed art style of Liam Sharpe. It was billed as Mann all along so it just frustrated me, but I heard this series was slow enough getting released so I see why they did it
Old 12-05-2022, 03:09 PM   #77
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Definitely, and it always annoys me when it happens lol

The more detailed accurate the artist is, the longer it can take. That's why I hated the rushed art style of Liam Sharpe. It was billed as Mann all along so it just frustrated me, but I heard this series was slow enough getting released so I see why they did it
I just can't think of a more jarring shift in art than going from Clay Mann to Liam Sharpe.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 04:08 PM   #78
generalszabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I just can't think of a more jarring shift in art than going from Clay Mann to Liam Sharpe.
I think I'd still get phantasm if they release her separately, just for the nostalgia
Old 02-12-2023, 08:00 AM   #79
Shoo
The Enchantress

1:4 confirmed.

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 10:02 AM   #80
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

I love the Catwoman in this. Hope it is a separate piece.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote